Seeking Guest Speakers

  • NorCalPCA
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2007
      Youth Re:Action Corps works in San Jose high schools to
      educate, empower and invest in high school students to create change within
      local and international communities. On Saturday, October 27th, we
      will host a Kickoff Conference for approximately 100 high school students
      participating in our program, and we looking for local speakers to share
      personal stories and experiences of their involvement in local and
      international communities and change. We have had great success in conference
      in other cities when we brought in former Peace Corps volunteers to share about
      their experiences abroad, and are therefore hoping to target some returned PC
      volunteers in the Bay Area to speak with our San Jose students.

      Guest speakers will be invited to participate in a
      round-table session in which they share through informal dialogue their
      experiences living, working, serving in local and/or international communities.
      Stories of everyday people who are involved in community and social change are
      incredible motivating and inspiring for our students � and they always
      request to hear more!

      If interested, please contact Katherine@... or 602-263-0500
      for more information. Also check us out on-line at www.yrcorps.org. Speaker proposals are due to
      YRC by October 19th.