Benefit for the Huaorani of Ecuador's Amazon Basin

  • russellvoth
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2007
      Hi all,

      I wanted to let everyone know about a photography exhibit/benefit
      being held this Saturday (6/2) from 730 to 1030pm at the Space Gallery
      on 1141 Polk St. in San Francisco.

      A leader of the Huaorani (an Ecuadoran indigenous tribe threatened by
      oil exploration and logging) will be hosting the event, which will
      feature photos taken by a former Fulbright Scholar while living with
      the Huaorani.

      The photos are pretty amazing, and can be viewed online at
      www.uncontacted.com .

      This is a unique one-night only event, but if you can't make it I
      would definitely recommend the viewing the photo gallery on the website.

      Russell Voth