FW: Carry the Vision Community Nonviolence Conference

  • Mike Abkin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2007
      If you haven't signed up yet for Saturday's conference in San Jose, now is
      the time to do so. Our Silicon Valley Dept of Peace group is doing an
      intergenerational workshop Imagine a Culture of Peace, shown below in the
      World section of the program. Participants will be asked to express
      artistically (poetry, drawing, etc.) how they imagine a culture of peace to
      look. George Bernard Shaw said:

      "Imagination is the beginning of creation:
      you imagine what you desire;
      you will what you imagine;
      and at last you create what you will."

      Especially now, after yesterday's tragic explosion of violence in Virginia
      and everyday in Iraq, we must do all we can to carry the vision of

      Please forward this announcement to others you know who may be interested in
      carrying the vision.

      Saturday, April 21, 2007
      Participating Organization Update
      April 16, 2007

      Dear Mike Abkin,

      Next Saturday 50 organizations are coming together to "Carry the Vision"!
      The work of non-violence is especially important today and I am encouraged
      that we will be together at Evergreen College.

      Please forward this email to you networks to ensure all who would like to
      can attend.

      Attendees will need a badge to enter the conference, so please ask your
      attendees to sign up via the web TODAY! Attendees can pay on-line or at the

      Group Attendees: Please forward your attendee names to me so we can have
      the badges pre-made. diane@...

      Directions Evergreen Valley College [Map - click
      21.794949%26spn%3D0.028061%2C0.107975%26om%3D1%26iwloc%3Daddr> here]
      3095 Yerba Buena Rd, San Jose, CA
      US-101 South; exit Capital Expy/Yerba Buena; Keep left; Merge East on to
      Capital; right on Silver Creek Rd; left at Yerba Buena. Look for signs!

      Parking is free & Childcare is available!

      Child care for ages 5 - 12 provided by the East Valley YMCA. $20 includes
      lunch and nonviolence learning activities. Pay at the door. Please
      register by calling 408-535-4908.

      Informational TABLES are still available! 26 organizations have asked for a
      table. If you would like one, please let me know today.

      Conference Highlights

      Speakers <http://www.carrythevision.org/Emails/img_speakers.jpg>

      8:00 a.m.

      9:00 a.m.

      Interfaith Welcome

      Opening Ceremony

      Keynote Address: Yolanda King

      11:15 a.m. MORNING SESSION

      Nonviolence Peaceforce Training

      Imagine a Culture of Peace

      Strategies for Interrupting Prejudice

      Human Needs and Human Rights

      Peaceful Parenting

      Meditation Workshop

      12:30 p.m. LUNCH:

      Langar provided by the San Jose Sikh Gurdwara

      1:30 p.m. AFTERNOON SESSION

      for all conference participants

      Keynote Address: Azim Khamisa

      Community Dialog Process

      4:15 p.m. CLOSING SESSION

      Simple and Profound Commitments

      Youth Delegate

      Thank you and we look forward to your participation. If you have any
      questions, I am happy to assist.

      For the Carry the Vision Team,
      Diane Myers-Lipton

      510-508-5383 - cell

      p%3A%2F%2Fwww.carrythevision.org%2F> CTV Logo

      Quick Links

      Register Now

      Download a Flyer

      Register to Volunteer

      For the entire List of our Participating Organizations

      p%3A%2F%2Fwww.carrythevision.org%2FCarry-the-Vision_PO_Details.htm> please
      click here

      A heartfelt thank you to our Sponsor Organizations

      Friend ($100+)

      Leading Change Consulting

      Supporter ($200+)

      Don Imwalle (Imwalle Properties)

      Jan and Dick Rathmann

      Larry and Jill Lauro

      Live the Dream Foundation

      Greenwaste Recovery

      Chapman Properties

      The David Heagerty Companies

      Cittis Florist

      Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Association of Santa Clara Valley

      Bad Boys Bail Bonds

      Community Leader ($500+)

      Core Development

      The Riding Company

      South Bay Islamic Association

      The Steinberg Group

      Louis Engineering

      A-1 Fence, Inc.

      Caskey Country Club Properties

      East Valley YMCA

      Pinn Bros.

      Pulte Homes

      Ahmadiyya Muslim Community

      Southwest Airlines

      L'amour Des Bauettes

      South Bay Islamic Association

      Event Sponsors ($1,000+)

      Evergreen Valley College

      Michael Luu

      Robson Homes

      San Jose Police Officers Association

      SCC Office of Human Relations

      Legacy Partners

      JP Graphics

      KB Homes

      Kuechler and Ivonne Montes de Oca

      Davidson Family Foundation

      Braddock & Logan

      Corporate Community Sponsors ($2,000+)

      Times Media Inc.

      Roem Corporation

      California Waste Solution

      Shapell Homes

      Summer Hill Homes

      Jain Center of Northern California

      San Jose Sikh Gurdwara

      Youth Leadership Summit Sponsor ($5,000+)

      Barbaccia Properties

      Forward email

      This email was sent to mikeabkin@..., by diane@...
      Update Profile/Email Address
      thlink.net&se=1070&t=1101618842257&lang=en&reason=F> | Instant removal with
      thlink.net&se=1070&t=1101618842257&lang=en&reason=F> T | Privacy Policy
      <http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp> .
      Email Marketing <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=assoc08> by
      Carry the Vision Community Nonviolence Conference | 1146 University Avenue |
      San Jose | CA | 95126