Looking for RPCV Speakers on International Relations/Development/Cultu re

  • kjkeefer@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2006
      Many RPCVs continue their interests in the international arena vocationally or avocationally. And many of you continue to fulfill the Peace Corps' third goal by enlightening others as to what you are doing in this area. The Planning Committee of the International Relations Forum of the prestigious Commonwealth Club in San Francisco is entertaining nominations for speakers on topics of interest to audiences of up to 80 people. They are particularly interested in expanding their list of topics beyond Europe. In fact, the Club has two other Commitees focusing on the East and the Mid-East, which includes most of northern Africa.
      As a Committee member, I would like to offer nominations of RPCVs to make a Forum presentation. There are no travel expenses or honorarium, save for the prestige of adding your Club presentation to your resume.
      If you are interested, please send me a one-page summary of who you are, what you do, and what subject you would like to present with a few bullets on what might be included in your talk, so I can let the Commitee members know why your topic would be of interest to others. If you know of others who would make good speakers, please pass this information to them. They need not be RPCVs or X-staff. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me in San Mateo: 650-525-1045.
      Look forward to hearing from you and wish you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!
      Karen Keefer, RPCV/Nigeria & Liberia + X-staff/HQ