Women Changing the Face of Asia

  • NorCalPCA
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2006
      Sorry for the repeat--if this is one.

      HMD

      ** Please RSVP directly to rsvp@....

      I am writing to let you know about an event we are having next week as
      part of our exhibit, ³Portraits of Leadership: Women Changing the Face of
      Asia² which will be in town and running through November 20th. On
      Wednesday, November 8th, we are having the kickoff reception at One Market
      Street in San Francisco.

      Our special guest speakers include Shumei Huang from China and Mohna
      Ansari from Nepal. Shumei Huang is an attorney and director of the Legal
      Service Center --Guangdong Women¹s Federation, an organization educating
      migrant women workers in southern China on their legal rights. Mohna
      Ansari, also an attorney, is the first and only female Muslim attorney in
      Nepal, and works as an advocate for Nepali women¹s rights.

      http://www.asiafoundation.org/Women/event_exhibit06.html
      The Asia Foundation Launches Exhibit on Women Leaders

      The Asia Foundation Presents A Public Exhibit -
      Portraits of Leadership: Women Changing the Face of Asia
      Washington, D.C.
      October 17-29, 2006
      Union Station, West Hall
      San Francisco, CA
      November 6-20, 2006
      The Concourse of One Market Street
      The pioneering individuals in this exhibit--including the only female
      Muslim lawyer in Nepal, an advocate for Nepali women's rights; the founder
      of the first long-term shelter for abused and trafficked women in Laos; the
      director of an organization educating migrant women workers in southern
      China on their legal rights--are providing leadership to improve the current
      and future quality of life in their communities and societies for women as
      well as men. They have overcome difficult circumstances, seized upon and
      created opportunities, and have risen to become role models for women
      everywhere.

      ------ End of Forwarded Message