June 3rd RPCV Speaking Opp: Receive $50 to Present at Oakland Public Library

  • Eirene Chen
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2006
      Hello Northern Californian RPCV Friends,

      Hope this finds all of you well and enjoying a beautiful spring day!

      I am writing to share that the Oakland Public Library (downtown
      branch) is hosting a RPCV panel discussion on Saturday, June 3rd,
      from 2pm-4pm. My friend Randy McDevitt-Parks is coordinating the
      panel and is looking for RPCVs to share about their experiences and
      to answers questions from our anticipated teenage/young adult
      audience about international service work. The library is offering
      an honorarium of $50-100 to all panelists.

      With the wealth of unique and valuable experiences that you've all
      had, would any of you be interested in joining me on the panel?We
      are looking for people who served in a wide range of geographical
      contexts--especially RPCVs who served in the Americas, Africa and SE
      Asia. But even if you didn't serve in these regions, please feel
      welcome to join!

      If you are interested, please reply off-list to Randy at:
      rparks@...

      Thanks, and hope to see you there!
      Eirene Chen
      RPCV Uzbekistan 2000-2001
      University English/civic education/pedagogy instructor