Green Festival this weekend

  • Susan Silber
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2005
      RPCVs: Many of you probably know about the Green Festival this weekend, but here it is again... this is one of my favorite events in the Bay Area (and that's saying a lot!). Only $15 for inspiring speakers, hundreds of environmentally-friendly products to buy, how-to workshops and more!

      You want to be green, but you have questions.

      Can I run my truck on french-fry grease? Are solar panels really an
      affordable option? Can sustainable practices improve my own personal
      bottom line?

      At Green Festival {http://www.greenfestivals.org} you'll find real
      answers:

      You won't want to miss the charismatic Charris Ford: the Granola
      Ayatollah of Canola, instrumental in launching the nation's first
      city bus powered by 100% biodiesel. And if he doesnÂ’t interest you,
      the beautiful and talented Daryl Hannah-actor gone activist-will, as
      she steps on stage with Ford for this dynamic presentation, Saturday
      at 1pm. And did we mention this is included with your general
      admission?

      PLUS...

      Enjoy 125 visionary speakers and 475 green businesses, great how-to
      workshops, green shopping, special activities for kids, community
      networking, organic beer and wine, delicious organic cuisine, and
      live music and entertainment. Live well, do good.

      San Francisco Green Festival

      a joint project of Global Exchange and Co-op America

      Concourse Exhibition Center, 635 8th St (at Brannan St)

      Sat. and Sun., Nov. 5 and 6

      All-inclusive admission: $15.

      Ride your bike, and get half off admission.

      Tickets: greenfestivals.org {http://www.greenfestivals.org} or pick
      them up at the door

      Or BYPASS THE LONG LINES AND GET YOUR FASTPASS

      {http://www.greenfestivals.org%20}($150 VALUE FOR ONLY $39)

      Includes:

      admission for both days
      FREE Green Festival T-shirt
      1-Year Membership to Global Exchange and Co-op America
      trial subscriptions to The Nation, Ms. and Breathe Magazines
      10% discount at Global Exchange Stores/Booths and Reality Tour
      priority.

      How are you getting to the Green Festival?

      Offer someone a ride, carpool to BART, host out of town guests, fly
      together, share hotel rooms. Travel green, travel with your
      community.

      www.spaceshare.com/greenfestival

      *Volunteer for the 2005 San Francisco Green Festival!*

      Be a part of helping put on an amazing two-day event that will
      educate and activate people to make choices for a just and
      sustainable world!
      Receive free admission to the event for both days, even if you only
      work one day. Pre-event help is also needed.
      Get an organic and sweatshop-free Green Festival Staff t-shirt!
      Receive free one-year memberships to Global Exchange and Co-op
      America.

      *Please visit www.greenfestivals.com/volunteer
      {http://www.greenfestivals.com/volunteer} to sign up or contact
      Carlos Martinez, Volunteer Coordinator, at carlos@...
      {mailto:carlos@...} for more information. *

      Friday Night SPECIAL Benefit Party!
      {http://www.greenfestivals.com/article.php?id=166}

      Special Guests

      Jim Hightower, Daryl Hannah, Charis Ford, and Globe Sonic DJ Derek
      Beres!

      Friday, November 4th at 7:00 pm

      Feast on delicious organic food, beer & wine.
      Bid on your favorite green products at the live and silent auctions.
      Receive 2 free tickets to the San Francisco Green Festival.

      at the Concourse Exhibition Center, 8th and Brannan, San Francisco

      Enjoy Mr. Hightower's bracing discourse on the state of the
      republic(ans)

      Your support helps us continue to put on amazing Green Festivals, and
      allows us to keep the admission price low so everyone can attend and
      get all riled up!

      Have fun, do good: just $50

      Reserve tickets now online
      {http://www.greenfestivals.com/article.php?id=166} or call
      800-58-GREEN.

      Auction of green products

      - A years supply of organic milk from Organic Valley

      - 5 days of indoor air Quality monitoring from Sustainable Spaces

      - Organic Merino Wool Blanket from New Zealand Natural Interiors

      - Clothes from sweetskins

      - Gift Baskets from: Numi Tea Gift, Dr. Bronner's, Think! Organic,
      Eco Teas Organic yerba mate, Nature's

      Gate, MaraNatha Nut Butters

      - Magazine Subscriptions to: Utne, E Magazine, Nation

      - Nightstar magnetic/kinetic flashlight

      Have fun, do good: just $50

      Reserve tickets now online
      {http://www.greenfestivals.com/article.php?id=166} or call