Project Peace Day of Peace in East Bay Schools Aug. 24

  • Pat Phillips
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2013

      http://august24dop.eventbrite.com/

      Day of Peace

      August 24, 2013 9am-12pm

      Join Project Peace on our next Day of Peace, Saturday, August 24th from 9:00 AM until 12:00 PM. We are focusing on getting local public schools prepped for the beginning of the school year.  Teachers, staff, and PTA's need our help to make things come together for students the first week of school.  Help underfunded classrooms spruce up for the coming school year!!

      Berkeley Sites:

      LeConte Elementary School: We will be helping LeConte's staff and teachers with some clean up projects and prepping the campus for the start of school.  Volunteers will help with organizing rooms and general campus clean up. Space is limited to 35. City: Berkeley. MAP

      Oakland Sites:

      Claremont Middle School: We will assist the PTA both inside and out to help prepare their campus for the first day of school.  We will be setting locker codes, helping teachers, cleaning desks, and working in the garden. Space limited to 100. City: Oakland. MAP
      Emerson Elementary School: Volunteers will assist pta and staff with gardening, prepping the campus for the start of school, lots of cleaning, and general faciliites maintence.  Space is limited to 35 at this site. City: Oakland MAP
      Castro Valley Site:
      Marshall Elementary School: We are pleased, to be partnering again with a school in Castro Valley.  Volunteers will assist staff with general campus clean up and other projects TBD.  Space is limited to 35 at this site.  City: Castro Valley  MAP

      Notes:

      • Coffee and bagels will be provided at all sites on a first come, first served basis. Be sure to wear work clothes and comfortable shoes.
      • Sites have limited volunteer opportunities. Please register in advance so that you (and your friends) can be sure to serve at the site that most interests you.
      • As always, there will be no childcare, but supervised children are welcome at most sites.
      • Project Peace/Day of Peace T-Shirts are for sale on our website for $15.