Volunteer at the Berkeley Free Clinic!

  • Heather
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14 9:30 PM
      I just wanted to let people know about an interesting long-term volunteer opportunity. I have been volunteering for several years with the Peer Counseling Collective at the Berkeley Free Clinic, and it's been a good experience. Once a year we recruit new volunteers for the next training cycle, which begins in September and runs for 5 - 6 months. Following the training, there's a minimum one-year commitment. Applications are due August 1st and applicants are required to attend an information session.

      More information can be found at the Berkeley Free Clinic website:

      http://www.berkeleyfreeclinic.org/pages/volunteer

      as well as in this craigslist ad:

      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/vol/3892402115.html

      If counseling isn't your thing, the BFC has other sections such as a medical section and an HIV prevention section. The various sections recruit at different times of year, so check the website.

      It would be great to get some more RPCV volunteers at the clinic!

      Heather
      RPCV El Salvador, 2008 - 2010