4th of July

  • Celia Bosworth
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 18, 2013
      Yes, Returned Peace Corps volunteers are participating again in this year's traditional 4th of July Parade in downtown Monterey.  Plus Celia will be hosting a post-parade potluck party at her house in Pacific Grove.  All Peace Corps people, Peace Corps supporters, family, friends, and children welcome!  Please help spread the word!

      The parade organizers are being a bit slow this year giving us the exact logistical details, but this much I know:  We will be gathering in downtown Monterey at 9 a.m. Thursday July 4th.  The parade starts at 10:00 a.m. sharp, and is over before 11:00 a.m.  At which time we'll come on over to my house and celebrate the Peace Corps spirit!

      As soon as I get more details I'll let you know, but in the meantime please help me spread the word!

      Celia
      Costa Rica 92-94
    • Celia Bosworth
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2014
        Last reminder--I promise!

        We are again participating in City of Monterey's 4th of July parade.

        This year we'll be joining the Peace Coalition in unit 37

        Meet in the blood bank parking lot, behind the medical building across the street from the Post Office on Hartnell St. downtown Monterey

        We are gathering at 9:00 a.m. (please be prompt) Friday July 4th, the parade starts at 10:00 a.m. sharp!  The parade is over by noon.

        Wearing host country clothing, carrying host country flags, or anything else which makes us look Peace Corp-y and festive highly encouraged.

        After the parade the city throws a great party, with live performances, kids activities, the museums and historic adobes are open with special activities also.  All around a fun way to spend the day.

        Although you can just show up, I'd appreciate a quick email at celiabos@..., so I'll know to expect you and keep an eye out for you.

        Also, children, friends, etc. welcome.  You don't have to have been in the Peace Corps, just a peace loving supporter is fine.

        Help spread the word!!

        See you tomorrow!