Register NOW for 2013 Global Alliance for Ministries and Infrastructures for Peace Summit in Geneva, Sept 16-20

  • Mike Abkin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27 11:21 AM

      Hello, everyone.

      GAMIP’s Sixth Global Summit is being held this  year in Geneva, Switzerland, September 16-20. Registration is open and the Summit is fast approaching! You can find full details on the Summit and register online now through June 15th. To register, visithttp://www.gamip.org/summits/switzerland-2013-nesting-peace/

      The development and practice of a culture of peace around the world (see the definition of peace below) requires first and foremost that we as humanity co-create and put into practice right relationships at all the levels mentioned in the Earth Charter definition of peace: “...peace is the wholeness created by right relationships with oneself, other persons, other cultures, other life, Earth, and the larger whole of which all are a part.” ~Earth Charter.

      It also requires that we co-create and put into practice the social, political, economic, governmental, and community systems (that is, institutions, processes, and standards of ethical behavior) necessary to foster and support the practice of right relationships. This is what the Global Alliance for Ministries and Infrastructuress for Peace (GAMIP) is all about.

      Please help us spread the word about the Summit to your personal and professional networks by forwarding this message broadly and directing your friends and colleagues to visit the Summit website: http://www.gamip.org/summits/switzerland-2013-nesting-peace/

      We have engaged social media networks to create a buzz and attract like-minded practitioners in the field of international peacebuilding and infrastructures for peace. Visit our pages and please share with your friends!

      Funding for the Summit is a work in progress, drawing on crowdsourcing resources and donations made from the wider peacebuilding community. To learn more about the crowdsourcing approach and to make a donation to this inspiring event, thereby helping us provide financial assistance to people from around the world who might not otherwise be able to attend, please visit:

      Learn about crowdsourcing: video on Vimeo and YouTube

      https://vimeo.com/65837056 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4oLqOaRed4

      Donate to the Summit: GAMIP's Indiegogo crowdsourcing page:
      http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/nesting-peace-co-create-a-pioneering-conference-on-new-approaches-to-peace/

      After visiting the Summit website, if you have any inquiries or questions, please contact the Summit organizer Oliver Rizzi Carlson at summit@...

      I look forward to seeing you at the Summit in Geneva!

      In peace,

      Mike