Wine-tasting volunteers

  • Daniel Marlay
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 11:40 AM
      Hey everyone, outside of the usual SF RPCV gatherings I plan (next one is the post Bay to Breakers BBQ on May 19th - see norcalpca.org for details), I manage volunteers for Make-A-Wish.

      On Saturday, May 18th, we're having a big wine-tasting gala at a winery near Windsor, just north of Santa Rosa.  I'm looking for a ton of volunteer support, and have a bunch of shifts still to fill.  So I wanted to ask if any RPCVs would be up for lending a hand.  The event is pretty fun, and at a beautiful winery.  The weather is usually nice, so it's a good opportunity to be outside, enjoy the weather and the scenery, and help raise money for a good cause.  The proceeds from the event go to granting wishes of kids with life-threatening medical conditions.

      The volunteer shifts generally fall during the tasting from 1:30-6, or during the dinner from 5:30-10pm.  We're looking for people to do things like registration, raffle ticket sales, help with the live auction, break down the tasting, and a few other odds and ends.  If you can help, you'll be one of my favorite people!  See http://sf.wish.org/wishes-in-wine-country-volunteers/ for more details on shifts/duties, etc.  If you have any questions, just let me know.

      Daniel Marlay
      Suriname '01-'03