Day of Peace: April 13, 2013

  • Pat Phillips
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2013

      Click to view this email in a browser

      tl.gift.giftr.gif
      l.gif

      Day of Peace

      Day of Peace Logo FinalJoin Project Peace on our next Day of Peace, Saturday, April 13th from 9:00 AM until 12:00 PM!

      Volunteers will be focusing efforts at SIX East Bay locations for the largest Day of Peace yet!!

      Berkeley Sites:
      LeConte Elementary School:   We will be helping LeConte's staff and teachers with some clean up projects. Volunteers will help with organizing rooms and general campus clean up.  Space is limited to 25.  City: Berkeley. MAP

      Friends of Five Creeks:  We are partnering with Friends of Five Creeks on a bay shoreline clean up near the Berkeley Marina.  Work will include removal of invasive plants and trash clean up.  Work gloves are provided, but wear closed toed shoes and dress in layers!  Meet in the parking lot of the Sea Breeze Deli which is on the south side of University just west of the 880/580 freeway.  Work will be done at the beach just west of the lot.  Space is limited to 25
      City: BerkeleyMAP

      Oakland Sites:
      Claremont Middle School
      : Our longtime community partner Claremont Middle school in Oakland is looking for help with buildings and grounds improvements throughout the campus.  We will assist the PTA both inside and out. Space limited to 100.
      City: Oakland.  MAP

      Emerson Elementary School:  Volunteers will assist PTA and staff with gardening, possibly painting, and general facilities maintenance.  Space is limited to 25.
      City: Oakland.
      MAP

      est Oakland Train Station: The 16th Street Station is a historic Oakland landmark.  Built in 1912, it has played a significant role in the city of Oakland, but since has fallen in disrepair.  Volunteers will help with graffiti removal, weeding, and general clean up.  Not suitable for small children and very limited bathroom access!  Space is limited to 30.
      City: OaklandMap

      Castro Valley Site:

      Marshall Elementary School: We are pleased to be partnering for the first time in Castro Valley!  Volunteers will assist staff with general campus maintenance.  Other projects TBD.  Space is limited to 35.  City: Castro Valley. MAP

      Coffee and bagels will be provided at all sites on a first come, first served basis. Be sure to wear work clothes and comfortable shoes!

      REGISTER NOW!!

      Sites have limited volunteer opportunities!  Please register in advance so that you (and your friends) can be sure to serve at the site that most interests you!

      As always, there will be no childcare, but supervised children are welcome at most sites.

      Project Peace/Day of Peace T-Shirts are for sale on our website for $15.
      Visit www.projectpeaceeastbay.org to check them out!

      PP Logo
      r.gif
      bl.gifb.gifbr.gif

      Click here to forward this email to a friend

      Project Peace East Bay
      2138 Cedar Street
      Berkeley, California 94709
      US

      Non-Profits Email Free with VerticalResponse!