Peace Corps Meets Kiva Happy Hour

  • Daniel Marlay
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2013
      Hey everyone,

      I wanted to send out a reminder about our Happy Hour this coming Wednesday, 2/27.

      This time around, we're doing a joint happy hour with Kiva, in order to put Kiva people with Peace Corps people and put like minds together.  If you're not familiar with Kiva, see their website at www.kiva.org.  They're a microfinance organization that gives people the ability to make small loans (as small as $25) to small business owners, or individuals, usually in developing countries, where the small loan might be ignored or seen too risky by banks.  Kiva has loaned over $400M since 2005, and has made a huge impact with individuals across the world to alleviate the cycles of poverty.

      We'll be at Baobab Village at 19th and Mission St in San Francisco.  The happy hour goes from 6-8pm, and if you're taking BART, it's just a 3 block walk from the 16th St BART Station.

      Everyone's welcome, whether you're an RPCV, a Kiva lender, or anyone interested in either organization.  Help the event go viral on the facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/events/280362205422925/ or see more details at www.norcalpca.org.

      See you there!

      Daniel Marlay
      Suriname '01-'03