Building Playground in Bay Area

  • celia bosworth
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30 6:14 PM
      I am passing on information of a project which a fellow RPCV is
      working on which may be of interest to other RPCVs in the Bay Area.
      For more info please contact Susanne, not myself.

      Thanks, Celia

      KaBOOM! is excited to announce that we have active funding
      opportunities to build a playground in the San Francisco Bay area in
      2012! We are currently accepting, applications from non-profit
      child-serving organizations and schools that would benefit from and
      embrace the process of a community-built playspace partnership. If
      someone you know might be interested, please either let me know or
      feel free to forward along this email.

      Benefits of Becoming a KaBOOM! Community Partner

      § Receive a new custom-designed playground!

      § Engage community members to work toward a common goal.

      § Participate in a planning process that will help you fundraise,
      strengthen your community, build relationships, and develop media
      relations skills that can be used for future community projects.

      § Establish an ongoing relationship with KaBOOM! through our alumni
      program and a playground sponsor who wants to have an impact on your
      community.

      I also encourage you check out this short video from our website
      kaboom.org about who we are and what we do and see our Theory of
      Change in action. You can also find photos of previous projects here:
      KaBOOM! Playground Build Photos. I have also attached a sample
      playground design, an application, and information regarding our
      selection criteria.

      To learn more, please contact Suzanne Newsome at snewsome@...

      In play,

      Suzanne Newsome

      RPCV Zimbabwe ’99-‘01

      Associate Community Outreach Coordinator

      KaBOOM!

      4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW Suite ML-1

      Washington, DC 20008

      Office: 202-464-6171

      Fax: 202-659-0210

      Looking for fun ways to encourage your kids to get outside this
      summer? Donate $15 or more and you’ll receive our new book of games,
      “Go Out and Play!” for free! It’s full of fun for the whole family!
    • Lynne Moquete
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31 7:19 AM
        Are these projects ever funded for other countries. We SOOOOO need a park in my PC hometown on the border near Haiti -

        Thanks

        On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 6:14 PM, celia bosworth <celiabos@...> wrote:
[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional