Bonobos and peace

  • Mike Abkin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2012

      Encouraging article in the Washington Post on line about the genetic mapping of bonobos identifying the genetic markers of “peace”. With humans, bonobos, and  chimps coming from common ancestors 6 million years ago, the study observes how our bonobo cousins have evolved to represent the more peaceful side of human nature while chimps reflect our darker side.

      http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bonobos-the-gentler-ape-finally-gets-dna-mapped-could-it-be-the-secret-biology-of-peace/2012/06/13/gJQACZsCaV_story.html

      Mike

      Check out the National Peace Academy

          ... supporting, advancing, and nurturing cultures of peace through peacelearning toward the development of the full spectrum of the peacebuilder in everyone – inner and outer, personal and professional; and the development of peace systems – local to global.

      Check out The Green Pen

          ...an evolutionary perspective on these revolutionary times.