Wine & Dine for Healthcare TONIGHT (prelude to Bay to Breakers)

  • daniel_rabkin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2012
      While I was in Peace Corps Guatemala, I helped host a few medical missions, and as most PCVs, I was involved in various community health projects. Here in San Francisco, I've worked at a healthcare organization that arranges for donated surgical care for uninsured patients, many of whom are Guatemalan, so it feels in many ways like I literally brought my PC experience home, à la 3rd Goal.

      Tonight, if you're free, stop by Vinyl Wine Bar at Divisadero and Oak in the Lower Haight/ Alamo Square area. It's a fundraiser for the organization where I work, Operation Access, an official charity of the SF Marathon, which I'm running. It's not an exclusive PC event, but it's definitely in the spirt of Peace Corps. There'll be freshly made artisan pizza, quality beer (keg and bottled) and fine wine, at bargain prices, with 50% of sales and tips donated. Also a raffle with lots of very good prizes.

      Here's the event page with details: http://www.facebook.com/events/295376923868765/

      If you do come and drink beer, kindly drink the keg first, as I'll PLAN ON BRINGING LEFTOVER BOTTLED BEER TO THE POST- BAY 2 BREAKERS BBQ.

      I expect it to be pretty busy in the middle, so you may want to arrive on the earlier side-- although you're welcome to come whenever. I don't have PC stickers, but if anyone wants to bring some to identify yourselves, go right ahead... but like I said, it's not an exclusive PC event.

      Anyone who's inspired to run in the SF Marathon (you could do a 5K or half marathon) after doing Bay to Breakers, and looking for a worthwhile charity on whose behalf to run, look here to find out how: http://www.crowdrise.com/operationaccessSFmarathon2012/fundraiser/josehernandez

      Thanks!
      Dan Rabkin