FW: Special Workshop: Mobiles for International Development (April 2-27: online course)

  • Mike Abkin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2012

      Hello, everyone!

      See below for an online course many of you may be interested in -- how mobile technology is changing the face of international development. It’s a new world!

      Also courses about building resilient and sustainable communities in a time of transition to a fossil-free world, global gender issues, and digital organizing.

      All critical issues for the 21st century!

      Mike

      Michael Abkin, Ph.D.

          Email:    mike@...

          Phone:  +1-650-376-3767

          National Peace Academy

                Secretary-Treasurer and Member, Board of Directors

          Global Alliance for Ministries and Infrastructures for Peace

                Co-President and Member, Board of Directors

      cid:E52A1991-94FC-4DAF-9A1E-A2CAE1EE3EA3@...

      SIGN UP to receive the monthly newsletter of the Global Campaign for Peace Education

      READ the NPA Annual Report here.

      UPCOMING NATIONAL PEACE ACADEMY COURSES AND PROGRAMS

        April 2-27

        April 2 -
        May 4

        April 21-22

        April 28-29

        May 12

        May 14 -
        June 8

      Join Our Mailing List

      Mobiles for Intl Dev

      MOBILES FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT:

      new platforms for public health, finance and education

      Dates: April 2-April 27, 2012
      Location:
       online course
      Conducted by:
      TechChange

      Instructors: Nick Martin
      NPA Certificate Points:  2 CEUs: 1.4

      Course fee: $445 (originally $495 - special NPA student discount)

      The mobile phone is rapidly bringing communication to the most remote areas of the world. NGOs, governments and companies alike are beginning to realize the potential of this ubiquitous tool to address social challenges. This four-week online professional development certificate course will explore successful applications that facilitate economic transactions, support public health campaigns and connect learners to educational content. It will also critically engage with issues of equity, privacy and access. Participants can expect a dynamic and practical learning environment with a number of real-world examples and case studies.

      Course Topics include: Banking the Unbanked: the Promise of Mobile Money Systems; Mobile Diagnostics and other Tools for Public Health Delivery; New Approaches to Monitoring, Evaluation and Data Management; Many to Many Communication the Integration of Mobiles and Radio; and Mobile Learning: Best Practices for Education on the Move.

       Click here for more information and to register today!

      techchange logo

      TechChange partners with universities, organizations and software developers to train leaders to leverage emerging technologies for social change.  We envision a world where a highly trained corps of creative and tech-savvy professionals can effectively and quickly respond to the most critical humanitarian, development and peacebuilding challenges of our time.

      npa LOGOThis course is part of the National Peace Academy's National Peacebuilding Peacelearning Certificate Program, a program designed to make learning for peace accessible, available and affordable for all. The program allows participants to pursue an individualized course of study that will help them achieve depth in knowledge and skills they need to achieve their personal and professional goals and interests in peacebuilding and peace education.

       SUPPORT NPA SUSTAINABILITY

      Help Celebrate our 3rd Birthday: Become a Sustaining Supporter before April 1!

      This month you have been helping us reach our birthday wish of 50 new recurring donors before April 1st.  So far we've already reached 21 of the 50!  Help us reach our goal by becoming a recurring donor --  Become a sustaining supporter now!

      National Peace Academy | c/o Adelphi University Manhattan Center | 75 Varick Street - 2nd Floor | New York | NY | 10013