Special One-Day Workshop: Meditation for Peacemakers, Petaluma, California, March 17

  • Mike Abkin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2012

      Hello, everyone.

      I’ve signed up and am very much looking  forward to this March 17 workshop with Michael Nagler at Metta Center in Petaluma. See flyer and registration info below.

      Please feel free to forward to others who may be interested, as well.

      Mike

      Check out the National Peace Academy

          ... supporting, advancing, and nurturing cultures of peace through peacelearning toward the development of the full spectrum of the peacebuilder in everyone – inner and outer, personal and professional; and the development of peace systems – local to global.

      Check out The Green Pen

          ...an evolutionary perspective on these revolutionary times.

      UPCOMING NATIONAL PEACE ACADEMY COURSES AND PROGRAMS

        Feb 27-
        Mar 30

        March 17

        April 2-27

        April 2 -
        May 4

        April 21-22

        April 28-29

        May 12

        May 14 -
        June 8

      Join Our Mailing List

      meditation for peacemakers

      MEDITATION FOR PEACEMAKERS

      a special one-day workshop

      Dates: March 17, 2012
      Location:
       Petaluma, California
      Conducted by:
      Metta Center for Noviolence

      Instructors: Michael Nagler and Stephanie Van Hook
      NPA Certificate Points:  1 certificate point /.7 CEUs

      Course fee: $125

      (*Some scholarships are available as we do not want to turn anyone away for lack of funds.  We invite those who can do so to offer more than the suggested fee so that others can attend for less.)

      This special, 1-day workshop will provide an in-depth introduction to passage meditation and its applications to nonviolence and peacemaking. Participants will learn how to meditate along these lines (if they do not have another practice already), experience group practice, and explore the relationship between inner and outer peace. Participants will also be encouraged to discover their particular gifts as makers of peace, and create a strategy for expressing those gifts, as well as learning practical strategies for maintaining their enthusiasm in the face of stress and resistance.

      Click here for more information and to register today!

      The Metta Center offers inspiration, instruction, and support for activists, educators, and the media or anyone interested in carrying out her or his own 'experiments with truth.'  We consult with individuals and educational institutions, maintain a lively, information-packed website, and do a great deal of speaking and writing.

      Click here for more information and to register today!

      npa LOGOThis course is part of the National Peace Academy's National Peacebuilding Peacelearning Certificate Program, a program designed to make learning for peace accessible, available and affordable for all. The program allows participants to pursue an individualized course of study that will help them achieve depth in knowledge and skills they need to achieve their personal and professional goals and interests in peacebuilding and peace education.

      National Peace Academy | c/o Adelphi University Manhattan Center | 75 Varick Street - 2nd Floor | New York | NY | 10013