Fw: FAMINE in East Africa: We CAN Make a Difference - 11/17 Event

  • NorCalPCA
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 174 KB

    ----- Forwarded Message -----
    From: Meredith Miller Vostrejs <mmvostrejs@...>
    To: NorCalPCA@...
    Sent: Thursday, November 3, 2011 1:25 PM
    Subject: FAMINE in East Africa: We CAN Make a Difference - 11/17 Event

    HI,
    I thought the RPCV community would be interested in attending this event. Please share the information about the event below; a flyer is attached. We'd welcome insights and participation from fellow RPCVs!
    Thanks,
    Meredith Miller Vostrejs
    PCV St. Vincent & Grenadines 1995-1997
    ***********************************

    The devastating famine in East Africa continues to claim lives and the number of people living in hunger world-wide continues to rise.   We must act on the Jewish imperatives to save lives and promote social justice. Join us for a conversation about the complex causes of the current famine in East Africa, AJWS's work with local community-based organizations on the frontlines of the famine, and our responsibility to be part of the solution.

    Presentations by:
    Laura Talmus, American Jewish World Service, Western Regional Director and Members of the Somali Refugee Community

    Thursday, November 17
    6:30 - 8:00 pm
    Oshman Family JCC
    3921 Fabian Way, Palo Alto

    FREE EVENT Light food and on-site childcare will be provided

    For information contact: Karen Stiller: (650) 847-1715 or kstiller@...

    Sponsored by: Jewish Community Relations Council; American Jewish World Service, Oshman Family Jewish Community Center, Sequoia Hadassah, T’enna OFJCC Preschool, Congregation Beth Am, Congregation Beth Jacob, Congregation Kol Emeth,  Keddem Congregation, Peninsula Sinai Congregation, Jewish Community Relations Council of the Jewish Federation of Silicon Valley