Invitation to MIIS Peace Corps 50th Anniversary Celebration on October 8

  • celia bosworth
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 12 KB
    Don't miss the Monterey Institute's Peace Corps celebration October 8.  I understand that ticket's to the key note address by author Paul Theroux are selling like hot cakes and expected to sell out, so don't delay.

    See you there (and help spread word)

    Celia

    Schedule of Events10:00 – 11:30 a.m. Movie screening of “American Idealist: the Story of Sargent Shriver”12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Registration and
Photo & Film Displays1:00 – 1:45 p.m. Opening Session:
MIIS and the Peace Corps1:45 – 4:00 p.m. Panel discussions:
Peace Corps Trailblazers
Impact on Careers4:00 – 4:30 p.m. International Coffee and Tea Reception
The events listed above are free and open to the public._________________________Evening Events
Ticket purchase required to attend those
listed below.4:30 – 5:30 p.m. Keynote speaker
Paul Theroux5:30 – 7:00 p.m. International Food
and Wine BazaarMonterey Institute and Peace Corps:

    Celebrating 50 Years of Global Engagement

    Join us for a day of celebration on

    Saturday, October 8, 2011

    featuring keynote speaker Paul Theroux,

    renowned author and Returned Peace Corps Volunteer

    at the Monterey Institute of International Studies

    McCone Building ~ Irvine Auditorium

    499 Pierce Street

    Monterey, California

    Tickets are required to attend the exclusive evening presentation

    and post-reception with Paul Theroux.

    Tickets: $20 per person, $10 for MIIS students

    All proceeds from ticket sales will support the

    Monterey Institute’s Peace Corps Scholarship Fund.

    For tickets: http://miispeacecorpscelebration.eventbrite.com

    Seating is extremely limited ~ purchase your tickets before they sell out!

    For more information, please visit: http://www.miis.edu/academics/programs/peacecorps/anniversary

    In celebration of the Peace Corps 50th Anniversary, we are asking you to consider an additional charitable contribution to support the

    Peace Corps Scholarship Fund. For more information about the Monterey Institute’s Peace Corps Scholarship Fund, click here.

     * * *
    All content © 2011 Monterey Institute of International Studies
    All rights reserved

    Monterey Institute of International Studies
    460 Pierce Street | Monterey, CA 93940