Point Reyes - have fun, socialize, do good

  • WillS
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2010
      Point Reyes National Seashore is the most amazing park within easy driving distance from the Bay Area short of Yosemite. As much as I love the hustle of the City, I occasionally need to disconnect and decompress. Unfortunately I do not make it up there nearly often enough. I keep putting it off and the next thing I know it's been months. Then a fever for open space, fresh air and the sound of the ocean overcomes me. I clear my calendar to drive up there. Once I get there I kick myself for waiting so long and I make promises to myself to get up there more often. Last time I was there was in July – way too long.

      Treat yourself this weekend and make the impulsive decision to have fun, socialize with other returned volunteers while doing something worthwhile (sound familiar?). We will be meeting at the Bear Valley Road/Visitor Center Entrance. We will be working on the trails from around 9am-3pm with a barb-Q of grass-fed local burgers afterwards. Please bring a water and lunch or snack for working on the trail during the day. Work equipment will be provided.

      In order to have an accurate count for the Barb-Q please RSVP to Doug Hanner at doug[at]yosemitecreek.com as soon as you can. Carpools available from SF and the East Bay. Contact Will Spargur cspargur87[at]gmail.com for a ride.

      See website for details www.norcalpca.org