Peanut Sauce Party

  • Daniel Marlay
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23, 2010
      The tradition continues!  For many years, the NorCal Peace Corps Association hosted the annual Peanut Sauce Party.  It hasn't happened in a couple years, but it is back on.

      On Sunday, October 10th, starting around 5pm, come to the home of Christiaan Adams (RPCV Côte d'Ivoire), and join in the action.  The Peanut Sauce party is typically a competition, so dig up that recipe for some peanut sauce native to your host country.  The peanut sauce party was originally a product of RPCVs from Benin, who brought mafe and domoda.  The last peanut sauce competition was won by the PC Suriname contingent (including yours truly), with a Surinamese pinda sambel over bakabana (fried plaintains), which was traditional among the Indonesian population in Suriname.  What will you bring?  Even if your country didn't do peanut sauce, feel free to dig up a recipe from the internet and wow us with your culinary skill.

      Even if you don't want to bring peanut sauce, you can still bring a side dish, a salad, a dessert, beer, wine, cheese, fried rice, white rice, etc.

      Christiaan's home is at:

      166 Flood Ave
      San Francisco
      map

      Parking is not too difficult and it's also a close walking distance from the Glen Park BART station.

      Please RSVP on our official invitation page.

      Special thanks to Christiaan for hosting the party.  See you there!  And I'll see everyone at the picnic on Saturday.

      Daniel Marlay
      Suriname '01-'03

    • Daniel Marlay
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 24, 2010
        Just a couple notes, please use this URL to RSVP for the peanut sauce party:
        http://www.punchbowl.com/parties/1283722-norcal-rpcv-peanut-sauce-cook-off

        Also, we're asking that each guest pitch in $5 to cover various expenses.

        Thanks!

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 6, 2010
          Hey everyone,

          Just a reminder that we're hosting the (sort of) annual Peanut Sauce Party this Sunday, October 10th.  It's a competition, so if you have an amazing peanut sauce recipe, wow us with your culinary prowess.  Or even if your country didn't do peanut sauces, you can look one up off the internet.  The Suriname contingent is looking to defend its crown.  The Benin contingent is threatening to bring Suriname down.  Any other boasts to add?

          Or if you'd rather bring something else, we would love it if you came and brought something else - fried rice, white rice, salad, dessert, etc.

          It will be held at the home of Christiaan Adams, RPCV Cote D'Ivoire.  He's at 166 Flood Ave, in San Francisco, a short walk from the Glen Park BART Station.  map

          RSVP at http://www.punchbowl.com/parties/1283722-norcal-rpcv-peanut-sauce-cook-off

          Daniel Marlay
          Suriname '01-'03