Reminder-Recently Returned Potluck-Sat. Aug.28th

  • jaymaghana@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2010
      Chris has asked me to send out a reminder about his potluck tomorrow (the 17th Annual-way to go Chris!). There was some concern that Chris' small back yard might not be able to handle the mobs, but maybe he would like to reminisce about crowded buses in Africa (except Chris was a volunteer in Poland where perhaps the buses were not so crowded). In any case, everyone is welcome: recently returned, those who have been back for a while, young (Chris' son was a great greeter last year), not young, no matter where you served (or if you haven't served yet as we hope to have some applicants coming as well). So bring a dish to share, but leave the chickens and sheep at home.

      Dear Recently Returned Peace Corps Volunteers,
      You are cordially invited to the 17th annual
      Recently Returned Potluck
      Saturday, August 28, 2010 from 4 - 7 pm.
      2427 Ashby Avenue in Berkeley.

      PC office has invited some pre-PCVs.
      Bring food and friends. Old Timers welcome!

      Directions to 2427 Ashby in Berkeley: Highway 80 or 24 to Ashby/Rt 13. At Telegraph (Wolf Camera and Chevron on corners), go north one block. Turn right on Russell. Park behind the big square six-story office building. (It is ample and free during off business hours.) Then cross Russell and walk one short block south down Florence Street, right on Ashby to second (blue) bungalow. From Ashby BART, walk half a mile east on Ashby. Blue bungalow six houses east of Telegraph. Come up path on the left and join us!

      Sincerely,
      Chris Carlisle
      Poland ’91–‘93
      cgc1227@...