bringing people in touch with each other to understand each other better

  • Paul Jones
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2005
      The Hospitality Club is a Peace Organization. Our main motivation to
      start this project was one belief: we strongly believe that bringing
      people in touch with each other on a one-to-one basis will help them
      to understand each other better. Friendships will form and people
      who have friends in other countries are less likely to support
      politics of aggression against those countries and cultures.

      Of course we are not so naive as to believe that the club will be
      the answer totheglobal question of war and peace. But it is our
      little contribution. The more people join our network and meet
      people of other cultures through us, the bigger this contribution.
      Building intercultural understanding is a process that will never
      stop as long as humans live together on this planet.

      We also try to do this peace work in the most down-to-earth and fun
      way possible. Noone who joins the club is expected to share our
      belief in peacebuilding. If you respect the people you meet through
      the club and enjoy using it on your travels or at home, you are very
      welcome. We think that intercultural understanding and friendships
      will follow naturally.

      The founders of the Hospitality Club have long been involved in
      peace projects: they spent a year as AFS exchange students in other
      countries and are volunteers for this large global exchange student
      organization that was founded for the same reasons as the
      Hospitality Club

      We encourage any organization with similar aims to ours to use the
      club as a tool for their members and supporters. We want to
      integrate the club as much as possible into the global peace
      movement. Get in touch with us , if you have ideas or questions
      about cooperations! And now - come onboard , we would love to have
      you in our world wide web of friendly people