827Re: [NorCalPCA] Fw: Tell us about your Volunteer and Service Work

  • Lynne Moquete
    Jun 7, 2009

      A brief description of the organization:

      The Building Homes Building Hope home building program was started by Lynne Moquete, a former Peace Corps Volunteer who served in the Dominican Republic. Their exposure to another culture encourages them to learn more about themselves and experience how people live in developing nations. Lynne has been recognized for her outstanding service to youth by the California State Legislature and was given an "Excellence in Education" award from the Petaluma School District and Petaluma Chamber of Commerce.

      The type of projects worked on:
      Building Homes Building Hope participants leave their comfortable American surroundings to spend time living with poor families and working in rural areas of the Dominican Republic building homes, throwing floors, building latrines, working in local schools and hospitals.

      Contact info:

      Director, Lynne Moquete - lynne@...

      707.364.0867