14324th of July

  • Celia Bosworth
    Jul 3, 2014
      Last reminder--I promise!

      We are again participating in City of Monterey's 4th of July parade.

      This year we'll be joining the Peace Coalition in unit 37

      Meet in the blood bank parking lot, behind the medical building across the street from the Post Office on Hartnell St. downtown Monterey

      We are gathering at 9:00 a.m. (please be prompt) Friday July 4th, the parade starts at 10:00 a.m. sharp!  The parade is over by noon.

      Wearing host country clothing, carrying host country flags, or anything else which makes us look Peace Corp-y and festive highly encouraged.

      After the parade the city throws a great party, with live performances, kids activities, the museums and historic adobes are open with special activities also.  All around a fun way to spend the day.

      Although you can just show up, I'd appreciate a quick email at celiabos@..., so I'll know to expect you and keep an eye out for you.

      Also, children, friends, etc. welcome.  You don't have to have been in the Peace Corps, just a peace loving supporter is fine.

      Help spread the word!!

      See you tomorrow!
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic