1427Fwd: July 4 documents

  • Celia Bosworth
    Jun 25, 2014
    • 1 Attachment
    • 277 KB

    Hello fellow RPCVs,

    We will again to participating in Monterey's traditional 4th of July parade.  This year we will be joining the Peace Coalition unit in the parade.  We have a couple Peace Corps banners, and you are encouraged to dress in traditional host country clothing, carry host country flags, or anything else which makes us look Peace Corp-y and interesting.  Below are the details from the organizer of the Peace Coalition unit.

    The basic details are this:
    We will be meeting behind the blood bank/medical building on Hartnell St. across from the Post Office at 9:00 a.m.  The parade starts sharply at 10:00 and is over before noon.  Our unit number is 37.

    Friends and children are welcome.  Please, please, please spread the word!

    And read below for further details.

    See you there!
    Celia

    Hello Peace Coalition July 4th Marchers,

    Attached you will find the details for meeting up and marching on July 4th. Here is a brief synopsis of the most important things to know:

    SCHEDULE - We need to report to the staging area by 9:00 am. The parade starts at 10:00 am.

    STAGING - We will meet in Blood Center Parking Lot behind the old hospital on Hartnell Street (576 Hartnell St #100, Monterey, CA 93940). Please enter the staging area from either Cass St. or Hartnell St.

    Upon arrival, please find the traffic cone with the number 37. That is our unit number.

    PARKING - There is no parking on the streets or in parking lots near the staging area. You will need to park in one of the city parking lots and walk to the staging area or be dropped off there. The recommended parking lots are Upper and Lower Lots 7 between Pacific and Calle Principal Streets and the East and West Garages between Del Monte Avenue and Franklin Streets. There may also be parking available in the library parking lot (Lot C). If you will be dropping people off please leave plenty of time as traffic will be heavy and if you will also be marching you will need time to park and walk back to the staging area.

    Link to map of downtown Monterey showing locations of Upper and Lower Lots 7, Lot C and the East and West parking garages - http://www.monterey.org/Portals/1/images/maps/DowntownParkingMap.pdf

    PARADE ROUTE - See map and description in the attached document. Basically we march from the staging area, down Alvarado St. and back on Calle Principal.

    OTHER INFO - There will be 63 “Units” participating in the parade including marchers, bands and floats. Here are the groups immediately before and after our group:

    35 - Marina Motor Sports (Vehicle and trailer which will enter the parade from Hartnell St.)
    36 - WILPF (marchers)
    37 - Peace Coalition
    38 - California Classic Baton Club (marchers and vehicle)

    The Old Monterey Business Association is planning for an entertaining parade. They’ve requested that entries be well decorated, creative and colorful. We will have our Peace Coalition banner as well as Peace Dove signs to carry. If your group has a uniform or other attire that represents your group, this would be the time to wear it. Red, white and blue is always good, too.

    Please email or call me with any questions or refer to the attached document.

    THANK YOU FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION!

    Deborah Warcken
    Peace Coalition of Monterey County

  • Show all 2 messages in this topic