1420Smart Money Hackathon
- May 28, 2014What's up NorCal: Hope you can join us! Because you're all tech savvy and community development minded.
The San Francisco Office of Financial Empowerment (OFE) is partnering with the Impact Hub
San Francisco and the Mayor’s Office of Civic Innovation (MOCI) to host the Smart Money
Hackathon and Tech Clinic.
Developers, designers, marketers, community members and makers of all kinds are invited to
participate in a weekend hackathon to build capacity for our financial empowerment nonprofit and
The following organizations and programs will present key capacity challenges and opportunities for
● Consumer Credit Counseling Services of San Francisco: Comprehensive financial counseling and
education for thousands of consumers locally and nationally
● CurrenC SF: Employer campaign to promote safe and electronic pay transfers
● Kindergarten to College: Automatic college savings account program in SFUSD
● MEDA: Financial asset development for SF low and moderate income Latino families
● Mission SF: Incentivized youth savings and financial awareness and advocacy
● SF Smart Money Network: Onestop hub for all SF financial education resources
As part of the Mayor’s Office of Civic Innovation Tech Clinics initiative, project teams will
commit 40 hours after the weekend to complete their new services, products and tools that build the
capacity of community initiatives. These teams will have the chance to work closely with their
nonprofit and civic partner, and then present their finished product at the following Tech Clinic.
Join the SF Office of Financial Empowerment, the Mayor’s Office of Civic Innovation and Impact Hub
SF for a weekend Smart Money hackathon. Help our SF financial empowerment nonprofit and public
organizations tackle key challenges and build capacity.
June 6-8 at Impact Hub SF, 925 Mission St.