Schepers

  • Anthony Hofstee
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2002
      I am looking for information on the forebears of Petrus Jans
      Schepers. Petrus was first married to Joanna Jans Lauwers (date unknown)
      and secondly on 2 October 1735 with Anna (Anneke) van Grotel (Grootel,
      Groot, Grooten). Petrus was christened in Strijp on 3-11-1694. Witnesses
      to his children include Mechtildis Jans Schepers, Engelina Schepers,
      Johannes Jans Schepers. When Petrus is christened his mother is listed as
      Anna Willems. I have found a Joannes Aerts in Strijp with several
      children, but the mother's name varies between Anna Willems, Anna Wilberts,
      Anna Jansen and Johanna Wilhelmus. As parents of Johannes I have Arnoldus
      (Aert) Peters and Catharina Aerts (Claes?). Witnesses to the children of
      Joannes Aerts include a Walterus Aerts (child of Arnoldus Peters Strijp
      1672), Cristina Aerts (child of Arnoldus Peters Strijp 1669) and Maria
      Aerts (child of Arnoldus Strijp 1670). Another child of Arnoldus Peters,
      Angela (Strijp 1677) is probably the Engelina Schepers who witnesses the
      birth of Walterus, son of Petrus Jans Schepers in 1730 in Strijp. Any help
      would be appreciated. Thanks. Tony