Help with abbreviation

  • DMMorehous@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2012
      Hello,

      In reading a genealogical article written in Dutch, I see the abbreviation "huw. comm." I know this relates to a marriage event, but what exactly does it mean?

      Regards,

      David Morehouse
      Hopkins, MN USA

    • EstherP
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2012
        David, what is the context for this abbreviation? I'm sure it wouldn't
        stand in isolation.
        If you could give the sentence where this is used, it may make it easier
        to figure it out.

        Greetings from Beautiful British Columbia
        Esther

        On 3/1/2012 7:52 PM, DMMorehous@... wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > In reading a genealogical article written in Dutch, I see the abbreviation "huw. comm." I know this relates to a marriage event, but what exactly does it mean?
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > David Morehouse
        > Hopkins, MN USA
      • Arie
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2012
          It means 'huwelijkse commissarissen' meaning the civil servants (not the
          church people!) that married people.

          Arie