Online databases going back to before 1800

  • Jan van den Oever
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 19, 2010
      Hi Joe,

      You can find more on the website BHIC.nl.

      Under de title "onderzoek" you find "gescande bronnen" there you can select
      a number of places.

      Under de title "stamboom" you find "wat zit er in" there you can select also
      places en reed the original documents.

      By the way, are you related to the Minten family who immigrated early 1900
      hundred to Butler near Perham Minnesota, if so, than you must know the
      Wientjes family who also immigrated to this region.

      Jan van den Oever.

    • joe minten
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 20, 2010
        Goode Dag Jan,

        Thanks for the help. So far, I have no relatives in the US except a few recent
        emigrants. We are all in Canada. I do like checking other Minten databases.
        You never know if there's a connection.

        Cheers,
        Joe

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 20, 2010
          Thanks Nynke, I'll give it a try.

          Cheers,
          Joe

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 20, 2010
            Hi Yvonna,

            I am hoping that there may be a CD or DB that has what I need. At the least, If
            I could locate a church or town hall with record, that would be great.

            The towns I am searching are all in the same area: Cuijk, Sambeek & Oeffelt. It
            seems my family moved up and down the Oude Maas. There are branches of the
            family throughout southern Nederland.

            Bartholomeus & Joanna has at least one son, Johannes, who married Mechtilda
            Barten. The people from then to present are reasonably easy to find, with a few
            exceptions.

            Thanks,
            Joe