Removal From Group

  • bluedelft69
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2008
      Hi
      My name is Janet Ermilio,I would like to be removed from the group,
      I am unable to understand Dutch,so it is just best that i remove myself.
      Thanks Very Much.
    • Tony Hofstee
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2008
        Janet, sorry to see you go. Unsubscribing can be done as described
        below. Tony

      • news4kaz@gotalk.net.au
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2008
          Hi Janet,

          I don't speak dutch either, but it still can be useful to be a member of
          this group. You do slowly pick up words. Also I just scan each email for
          the family names I am researching. I have come into contact with some
          very knowledgable people who have done some fantastic genealogy.

          I also click on website links & find some great sites this way. Someone
          recently sent a link to the Tilburg archive site (which I already use) -
          but the link was to the scanned books of births, deaths & marriages. So
          if you have the reference number, you can "flip" through the book until
          you come to the original certificate.

          I hope you stay a member,

          Cheers,
          Karen (in Australia).

        • robert@lazet.org
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
            And one can always ask for a little help..we are glad to be of service ;-)

            greetz

            Robert

            I don't speak dutch either, but it still can be useful to be a member of
            this group. You do slowly pick up words. Also I just scan each email for
            the family names I am researching. I have come into contact with some
            very knowledgable people who have done some fantastic genealogy.

            I also click on website links & find some great sites this way. Someone
            recently sent a link to the Tilburg archive site (which I already use) -
            but the link was to the scanned books of births, deaths & marriages. So
            if you have the reference number, you can "flip" through the book until
            you come to the original certificate.

            I hope you stay a member,

            Cheers,
            Karen (in Australia).

            > Hi
            > My name is Janet Ermilio,I would like to be removed from the group,
            > I am unable to understand Dutch,so it is just best that i remove myself.
            > Thanks Very Much.

          • Sue OConnor
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
              Hi Janet

                I just join this group and I don't speak Dutch either, but with the help of the group and Yahoo Babel Fish a translate page I found information on my great-grandparents. By using Babel Fish I can understand more Dutch words now. Just look for the names of the people you are wanting in the emails.. And email back in English this group is very helpful.

              Hope you stay
              Sue

              My name is Janet Ermilio,I would like to be removed from the group,
              I am unable to understand Dutch,so it is just best that i remove myself.
              Thanks Very Much.

            • Nynke van den Hooven
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
                Janet,

                You may find www.google.com/translate very helpful.
                Translations may not be as exact as 'human' tranlations, but I'm sure it will help you understand things!

                Kind regards,
                Nynke van den hooven