Search for Van Malsen

  • Shandell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2008
      Hello and thank you for including me in your group. My name is
      Shandell VanMalsen and I am from the United States. My husband's
      lineage goes back to the Netherlands. I'm very new to research, so
      please allow me mistakes in discovering our family tree.

      Listed below is the information as I have it so far.

      Robert C. VanMalsen 1973 Shandell Baker 1973
      James Edward VanMalsen 1948 Barbara Sharpe 1948
      Lawrence James VanMalsen1924 Marjorie Ann Reed
      James VanMalsen 1903 Zeritta Chilsen 1904
      Peter VanMalsen 1872 Mary Verburg 1877
      Pieter VanMalsen 1821 Wilhemina Wichboldina Nijholt 1835
      Arie VanMalsen 1797 Pieternella DeBont 1797
      Peeter VanMalsen 1753 Wylke Akkerman 1754
      Mattheus Teunis VanMalsen Around 1725 / 1720 Driel?
      Lysbeth Van Dieden (Lijsbeet of
      Dieden)

      I am hoping to locate the next link for Mattheus. I believe he may
      possibly be descendant of Joost VanMalsen (1664), married to
      Willemina Van Der Sluis, fathered by Jan VanMalsen/mother Grietien
      Joosten of Martwijck. Additionally, I'd like to extend the family
      tree by any measure - Van Malsen, Nijholt, DeBont, Akkerman, Van
      Dieden, or otherwise.

      My husband and I are also planning a trip to the Netherlands in the
      next year or so. If anyone has any suggestions, stories, or
      recommendations, I welcome you to email me directly.
      svanmalsen@... . My dutch language is very limited, but I do
      have friends that will help translate and I am attempting to learn.

      Thank you again for your consideration and time.

      Sincerely, Shandell VanMalsen
    • Paul van Helmond
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2008
        Shandell,

        Are you familiar with geneanet? On the web pages of www.geneanet.org I found ancestors of your van Malsen family.

        Once on the website of geneanet type surname 'Malsen' and place 'Hedel' and you will find many links to people that have this family in their databank. In particular you will find that Ron van Wijnen has much info that relates to your husband ancestors.

        Good luck searching. Let me know if you have trouble with the geneanet site.

        Paul van Helmond
        (Dutchie in PA)