Re: [Noord-Brabant_Genealogy] nieuw bij de groep

  • Pieter Jan van Meel
    Message 1 of 6 , May 14, 2001
      Tony,

      Yes in my database I have one other van Meel family, who's orignally coming
      from Essen. The van Meel family, coming from Lage Zwaluwe, Made and
      Terheijden is not related with my family.
      As you can see in the preface of my site my eldest great-great...
      grandfather was named Pieter Geersen. As a young man he married a young
      widow in Wouw. He was coming from the Belgian village of Meerle. In the
      language of the flamish region Meerle was called Meel. Most likely that in
      the same way some others came from Meerle and by marriage started some other
      van Meel-families.
      So you can discover van Meel families in the neighbourhood of Eindhoven,
      Tiel (in the province of Gelderland) and some other families in the Western
      part of Brabant.
      Tony, sorry that I couldn't help you more.

      Greetings, Pieter Jan van Meel.

      By the way; thank you for giving me from Zeeland the right adres of the
      Noord-Brabant-group.

      Message 2 of 6 , May 14, 2001
        Pieter Jan, thanks for looking in your database. And welcome to the
        Noord-Brabant group. I hope it keeps growing. The more people in the
        group, the more we can help each other. If you have hear of someone with
        information on the van Meel family from Lage Zwaluwe please let me know. tony

        Message 3 of 6 , May 14, 2001
          Tony,
          read my guest-book, you'll find some remark of a famous dutch aviator, also
          van Meel, coming from Terheijden.
          >Pieter Jan, thanks for looking in your database. And welcome to the
          >Noord-Brabant group. I hope it keeps growing. The more people in the
          >group, the more we can help each other. If you have hear of someone with
          >information on the van Meel family from Lage Zwaluwe please let me know.
          tony

          >At 02:08 AM 5/15/2001 +0200, you wrote:
          >>Tony,
          >>
          >>Yes in my database I have one other van Meel family, who's orignally
          coming
          >>from Essen. The van Meel family, coming from Lage Zwaluwe, Made and
          >>Terheijden is not related with my family.

        • Anthony Hofstee
          Message 4 of 6 , May 14, 2001
            Thanks. I will take a look. Tony