Major Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be a database and reporting platform administrator for TechSoup
Global.org, which distributes donated and discounted products to
nonprofits and international NGOs. In this role, you will participate in
the planning, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of
the enterprise database systems as well as our reporting systems and
business reports. You will interface primarily with the Database
Architect to meet the needs of the various engineering teams such as the
application developers, infrastructure team, the business reporting team
as well as other business stakeholders. You will help create data system
and reporting platform requirements, develop database and reporting
system solutions, and maintain the data and reporting systems.
Additionally, you will perform tasks such as schema design, database
definition and data manipulation SQL coding, pulling data extracts and
running SQL queries, performing user login and privilege administration,
data backup and restoration as well as develop semantic layer universes
and data analysis reporting objects for our reporting platform.
Additionally, you will:
* Participate in the planning of computerized databases,
including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range
requirements, operational guidelines and security.
* Adapt business requirements, developed by modeling/development
staff and systems engineers, and develop the data, database
specifications, and table and element attributes for an application.
* Propose and implement enhancements that will improve the
performance and reliability of the database systems.
* Code complex SQL code such as stored procedures, user-defined
functions, views, queries, and scripts and derive logical processes on
* Ensure accuracy and completeness of data in master files and
various support tools, such as base dictionaries.
* Perform maintenance and monitoring tasks on data systems and
databases to ensure that they are optimized, run efficiently and are
backed-up and secure.
* Carry out routine data replication, import/export, cleanup,
data extracts, and ad hoc database querying and analysis functions as
* Maintain security and integrity controls.
* Assist data analysts and reporting personnel with complex SQL
queries and reports development.
* Participate in quality assurance of data systems. Prepare and
maintain documentation of the operational and reporting database
This position will report to the Database Architect.
* 3+ Years of enterprise-relational database systems; hands on and
analytical experience. This experience should include work with
commercial grade RDBMSs, and enterprise-level processing systems (CRM,
ERP, ETL, BI).
* Experience participating on team-driven projects, preferably
ecommerce and enterprise database development projects.
* Have mid-level expertise with business applications and
web/internet applications as they relate to database technologies.
* Experience/expertise with databases and operations in a
predominantly Microsoft Windows environment and infrastructure,
including Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft SQL
* Knowledge/experience with data warehousing and mining concepts,
methodologies and implementation.
* Proficiency in standard ANSI SQL, T-SQL, and XML.
* Experience producing database schema diagrams and technical
* Experience with at least one major ERP/CRM enterprise data
system; Onyx Enterprise CRM and/or MS Dynamix AX preferred.
* Knowledge of enterprise SOA (Service Oriented Architecture). Web
Services and .NET development knowledge highly desired.
* Able to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
* Knowledge of an enterprise business intelligence systems;
Business Objects 3.0 is a plus.
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The physical demands and work
environment characteristics described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Prolonged telephone duties using handset, headset and computer
located at the TechSoup Global facility
* Prolonged keyboard duties
* Access, input & retrieve information from a computer to produce
typed copy, free of errors, without the assistance of another person
* Willingness and capacity to work in a cubicle environment at a
workstation, and to come and go repeatedly throughout the day as is
necessary, to perform various responsibilities
* Capacity to communicate and enunciate adequately, in person or
via telephone, in a manner which can be understood by those with whom
the employee is speaking
* Capability of dialing or otherwise using a telephone to place
* Capacity to pick up, leaf through and read books, files and
* Willingness and capacity to sit/stand for minimum periods of two
hours at a time
* Capacity to reach forward to a high of 48 inches, to a low of 15
inches, to the side 54 inches and to the low side 9 inches above the
* Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
* Ability to load discs and to change settings, devices, fixtures,
etc., on various equipment used in and around TechSoup Global
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be
exposed to various components of an office environment such as
florescent lighting, pollen, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, VDTs,
semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and
Email required cover letter and resume to DBA@...
job title in subject heading.
Visit our website at: http://www.techsoupglobal.org
No phone calls, please.
About TechSoup Global:
TechSoup Global is a nonprofit organization that has been successful in
creating a suite of high impact services that facilitate corporate
philanthropy and benefit community service organizations in a
financially sustainable model. For more than two decades, our mission
has been to work toward the day when every community service
organization on the planet has access to the technology resources and
information they need to achieve their own missions. Founded in 1987,
we currently have more than 170 staff members and an annual budget of
about $23 million. TechSoup Global helps other nonprofits better serve
their missions by acquiring and using technology, implementing web and
social networking, and receiving grant funding and product donations.
Working with capacity-building partners across the world, TechSoup
Global is actively expanding our program outside the US. We establish
partnerships with in-country NGOs to implement our highly effective
product donation program, while adapting to local business practices,
laws, and cultural imperatives. In the process, we're building a global
network of partners all focused on empowering NGOs through the effective
use of technology. We're in 22 countries to date and adding more each
Through our TechSoup Stock website, nonprofits find a broad range of
software donated by leading tech companies such as Microsoft, Cisco,
Symantec, Intuit, and Adobe, along with content and community resources
tailored specifically for a nonprofit audience. To date we have enabled
over $1 billion in technology donations world wide.
Based upon the strength of our global network, our expertise in building
scalable web systems, our history of working both with donors and with
recipient NGOs, and our experience building one of the fastest growing
sustainable social enterprises, TechSoup Global was recently selected to
build a new service for international philanthropy. Backed by major
foundations and key philanthropy sector partners, this new service will
create a global database of nonprofits and NGOs, making it easier and
less costly for international grantmakers to provide cash grants to
social benefit organizations in countries outside the U.S.
TechSoup Global is dedicated to creating and supporting an environment
of openness, trust, and fun where people's differences are valued and
respected, and where people of diverse backgrounds participate fully in
our organization. We believe that the diverse cultures and perspectives
of our staff will help us better serve our clients. TechSoup Global is
an equal opportunity agency and will not allow discrimination based upon
age, ethnicity, gender, national origin, disability, race, size,
religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic background.
Jon Fuezy - HR Generalist
435 Brannan Street, Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94107-1780
P Consider the environment: - do you really need to print this email?
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]