Upcoming board-related trainings from United Way

  • Carolyn Cunningham
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2011

      For executive directors and board members,

      Just a heads-up - - we've added a couple new workshops to our governance workshop calendar for the next few months. Please forward to any interested board members.

      The Role of the Board Secretary - Minutes, Records, Notices and More*
      Trainer: Beth McCaw, April 12
      This is a new workshop developed in response to several requests from nonprofit staff and board members.

      It's Your Turn: The Role of the Board Chair*
      Trainer: Amanda Madorno, April 28
      This workshop is offered twice per year, usually with sold-out registrations and very strong evaluations.

      Speed Reading Financial Statements: Efficient Financial Statement Review Practices for Nonprofit Board Members*
      Trainers: Erin Welch & Howard Donkin, May 10
      This is a repeat offering after our sold-out session and very strong evaluations in March.

      Compensation: How to Put Your Best Foot Forward
      Trainer: Sharon Lucas, June 2
      We offer this highly rated session every other year aligned with the release of the Wage & Benefit Survey results.

      Compensation: How to Put Your Best Foot Forward
      Trainer: Sharon Lucas, June 16
      We offer this highly rated session every other year aligned with the release of the Wage & Benefit Survey results.

      Let us know if you’d like to be added to our monthly email updates on these trainings at: workshops@...

      Thanks everyone, please let me know if you have any questions,

      --Carolyn

      Carolyn Cunningham
      Impact Manager - Volunteer Initiatives
      United Way of King County