Re: [NonProfitNetworking] free job interview suits for young men?

  • Kathy Dawson
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2011
      You might also check with the Millionairs Club--they do permanent job placements as well their day labor program and I think they said they have a clothing bank as well.

      On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 9:29 AM, db <dbota@...> wrote:

      Sure is a YMCA and they keep on doing the good works they've done for generations.  University Family YMCA (50th & 12th, Seattle) runs a well developed support program for youth.  Not sure they'd be able to to house clothing but I'm sure they'd know about other resources available in the Seattle area.

      db

      support program for homeless youth.  On 1/30/2011 12:31 PM, pam ffkhq wrote:

      There is a Scout in our area doing an Eagle project.  He is collecting clothes to give men a second chance.  Now, I'm not sure if these are men being released from correction facilities or if they are possible out of work or from shelters that need to dress for interviews and work.  My point is, perhaps you could suggest this to your local Scout office as a possible Eagle project and see if there is a local nonprofit that would have a room to house the articles and allow patrons to come in (is there still a YMCA?).  You could specify that only good condition, clean, ready to wear business clothes are acceptable.  It may not help you today, but in the near future.

      To: NonProfitNetworking@yahoogroups.com
      From: frontstreet14523@...
      Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:18:31 -0800
      Subject: Re: [NonProfitNetworking] free job interview suits for young men?

      Hello Polly,
      Goodwill is a fantastic resource.  I’m not in authority to speak to the free piece but would love to start the conversation with my superiors and colleagues.  Let me know what you think!