Re: [NonProfitNetworking] Re: Conflicts of interest - what are they?

  • dsgrosslaw@allmail.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
      Re: [NonProfitNetworking] Re: Conflicts of interest - what are they?

      Thanks for your response.

      Take care,

      Daniel

      On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 12:57:13 -0000, "faithinart04" <debbarnesusa@...> said:

      "A financial interest is not necessarily a conflict of
      > interest. Under Article III, Section 2, a person who has a
      > financial interest may have a conflict of interest only if the
      > appropriate governing board or committe decides that a conflict
      > of interest exists."

      Congratulations you have found a loophole of capitalism by
      capitalists. leaving an exploitative opening is necessary to provide
      "incentive" in a world where life is just a game.
      You only need a board that understands and is connected in a
      stakeholder or "equally guilty " manner in order to pay the personnel
      at the top nice salaries.... and the charitable cause is just another
      way to create the means of "successful survival amongst peers." a sad
      downside of this bandage on capitalism approach that non profits take
      is that they enable the "problem" to continue...look around...we did a
      good job!
      Sustainable economics needs to become a part of every enterprise.. .get
      it into the think of the population as quick as possible or learn to
      play the violin (Nero!). Please consider, as even now small changes
      will add up. thanks for your insight and good luck, deborah