Capitol Hill Youth Center Board Drive

  • gmatthew@speakeasy.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9 2:15 PM
      The Capitol Hill Youth Center, a program of Street Outreach Services, is a
      day drop-in center for homeless youth age 13 - 23. The center provides basic
      services such as meals, clothing, hygiene supplies, and referrals to other
      social service agencies. Our mission is to provide emergency services and
      facilitate lasting partnerships that help homeless youth move from requiring
      basic needs to attaining self-esteem, motivation, knowledge, and skills for
      living as responsible, productive, and self-sustaining adults.

      The Center needs Board members to help with long term strategizing. The
      Center is an essential service to the street youth on Capitol Hill, but its
      existance is constantly threatened due to lack of funds. The Center runs on
      a monthly budget under $6,000 and serves over 200 youth a month as well as
      serving 600-900 meals a month. This is a very affordable program; we need a
      strong board to galvanize community support and to help raise the funds
      required. Join the board of a high impact small non-profit and help make a
      difference in the lives of our Youth.
      Call Sara Foster at 206.568.0864 if you are interested in joining us.