MAY 3, 2008::::THIS SATURDAY:::::LADIES FIRST (1st Qtr. Storm & DJ A.S.I.A.)

  • Jan Strout
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 11:58 AM

      MAY 3, 2008, fresh off of auction madness....
      CARA presents.....

      LADIES FIRST
      (a project of Communities Against Rape and Abuse)
      On May 3, 2008, the first Saturday of MAY, LADIES FIRST will be featuring:

      ROGUE PINAY & EL DIA
      (1ST QUARTER STORM)
      fresh off the PEOPLE POWER TOUR & Immigrants Rights March & Rally
      &
      DJ A.S.I.A.
      National known DJ, well traveled and seasoned.....

      Featured Organization:
      INCITE! WOMEN OF COLOR AGAINST VIOLENCE!

      8:00-9:00 pm – Open Mic
      9:00-10:00 pm - Features
      @ Hidmo Eritrean Cuisine (2000 S. Jackson and/or 20th & Jackson)

      OPEN CALL to VISUAL ARTISTS:  Ladies First is developing an "OPEN MARKET," so we call on all visual artists to come and network, trade, and sell their art & prints EVERY MONTH.  Email or call for a table each month!!!!!

      OPEN CALL for 2008 FALL SEASON: The line-up is filling up quick for July to Dec 2008.  We need DJs, emcees, featured organizations, b-girls, and more.  You could be the next feature!!!!!

      WORKSHOPS/MEETINGS (every second Wednesday from7-9pm):  If you would like to be involved with Ladies First on any level, please give us a ring, email, and/or come to meetings..... from performing, djing, singing, poetry, volunteering, workshops, consulting, promoting, organizing,  movement building, and much much more.... We want Ladies First to be the communities and develop something strong and sustainable.....Next meeting is Wednesday, May 14, 2008....

      Sponsored by: B-Girl Bench, KBCS 91.3 FM Community Radio, and Hidmo Entertainment

      For more information contact:  Lulu at cara.intern@...
      For more information on CARA & Ladies First:

      For more information on First Quarter Storm: http://www.myspace.com/1stqtrstorm
      For more information on Rogue Pinay: http://www.myspace.com/roguepinay
      For more information on El Dia: http://www.myspace.com/eldiadia
      For more information on DJ A.S.I.A.: http://www.myspace.com/djasiamusic

      For more information about our SPONSORS:
      Hidmo Eritrean Restaurant: http://hidmo.com/
      KBCS 91.3 FM Community Radio: http://kbcs.fm

      Flyers:
      &

      --
      Love & Light in Struggle & Solidarity,
      Luzviminda Uzuri Carpenter (Lulu)

      "A person who has never  made a mistake has never tried anything new." --Albert Einstein
      ==============================
      PINAY SA SEATTLE, ALLIANCE/CAMPAIGNS CHAIR
      http://www.myspace.com/pinayseattle
      PINAY is part of the women's sector of BAYAN–USA (www.bayanusa.org).
      ==============================
      Communities Against Rape Abuse (CARA),
      LADIES FIRST COORDINATORhttp://myspace.com/seattleladiesfirst
      HIDMO, Community Relations
      http://www.myspace.com/hidmo

      Jan Strout,   National Field Director & NW Organizing Project
      National Organization for Women    www.now.org
      3720 Airport Way South
      Seattle, WA   98134
      Office#   206.448.7348  x 334