Re: Re-post: A staffing mini-survey

  • mehitabeth
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2007
      --- In NonProfitNetworking@yahoogroups.com, "Dee Christoff"
      <dchristoff@...> wrote:

      > Just a thought, but perhaps the low level of response is due to the
      > number of questions you're asking and the difficulty in responding.
      > These questions cross more than one department and so one person in an
      > organization is not always going to know the answer to all of the
      > questions. This isn't a simple mini-survey. It's deceivingly complex and
      > the implications are not entirely clear.

      Fair enough. As a finance person, I thought the questions were quite
      simple, so it just goes to show you, it's all in the perspective. :-)

      As far as implications -- well, it's pretty simple, really. I'm
      trying to build a case to add a half-time person to the finance dept
      in my own organization, because I'm overloaded to the breaking point.
      I wanted to see how my own situation stacked up against others, at
      least on a fairly superficial level.

      Should anyone else want to add their two cents after looking at the
      table I built on the database page, feel free. If other organizations
      add information, I'll go back in and adjust the mean and median numbers.

      Beth

      Beth