May 24th -Seattle NOW - Program Meeting on Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence

  • Jan Strout
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1 9:34 AM

      WHEN WOMEN VOTE, WOMEN WIN!

      National Organization for Women  NW Organizing Project
      Jan Strout, Director
      150 Denny Way,  Seattle, WA   98109
      206/448.7348  x 334

    • Isom Taylor
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1 3:55 PM

        Folks,

        Please be aware of our

         Immigration Advocacy Training Workshop

        NW African Times and Ujima Consultants are Co-Sponsoring a special event on Immigration Advocacy Training. They will be providing an Immigration Support Training and Refugee Advocacy workshop that’s open to the community. The Immigration and Refugee workshop will be held on Thursday, May 24, 2007 from 9 until 12 noon. The site of the workshop will be located at the SafeCo Insurance Community Room at the Promenade on 23rd Avenue and Jackson Street .

        All individuals and persons interested in immigration rights and refugee support are encouraged to attend. The Ujima Consultants Workshop focus is on:

        1. Immigration Support Case Management

        ·         US Immigration Requirements

        ·         Citizenship Classes

        ·         Documenting Necessities

        ·         Resources Listing

        1. Refugee Advocacy

        ·         Criteria Review

        ·         Substantiation

        1. Maintaining a Organization Records
          1. Data Collection Tool
          2. Applicant Verification Information
          3. Required Reporting  to Government entities
        2. Funding Support Issues

        ·         Government, Faith-base and Foundation Sources of funding

        ·         Working with your Board of Directors to seek funding and grants

        ·         Reporting to Sources on funding and grants

        There will be a thorough treatment of both immigration support services and refugee advocacy support. Various support materials will be provided during the training session. Information on USCIS Services and other referral will be available. Attendees will also have the opportunity to talk with and discuss issues of concern to them with the special guess who will be present.

        Please contact Ujima Consultants or James Communications for additional information.

        Contacts:

        ·          Charlie James, NW African Times             Telephone: 206-860-5916           Email: JamComm2012@...

        ·          Isom Taylor, Ujima Consultants                    Telephone: 206-568-5452           Email: isom@...

      • Dave B
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2 10:57 AM

          Is there anyone or anywhere one can go to have docments for a change of status reviewed before submitting to Homeland Security and/or get any pre-interview or other related advice?  Thanks and best wishes.

          From: "Isom Taylor" <isom@...>
          To: <NonProfitNetworking@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: [NonProfitNetworking] Immigration Advocacy Training Workshop
          Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 15:55:03 -0700

          Folks,

                    Charlie James, NW African Times             Telephone: 206-860-5916           Email: JamComm2012@ yahoo.com

                    Isom Taylor, Ujima Consultants                    Telephone: 206-568-5452           Email: isom@...

          ><< image001.jpg >> ><< image002.jpg >>

        • Karen Wirkala
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3 9:46 PM
            Not sure if it's in the scope of what they do but they may be able to refer you somewhere.
            Good luck,
            Karen

            From: "Isom Taylor" <isom@...>
            To: <NonProfitNetworking @yahoogroups. com>
            Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 15:55:03 -0700

            Folks,

            Please be aware of our

             Immigration Advocacy Training Workshop

            NW African Times and Ujima Consultants are Co-Sponsoring a special event on Immigration Advocacy Training. They will be providing an Immigration Support Training and Refugee Advocacy workshop that’s open to the community. The Immigration and Refugee workshop will be held on Thursday, May 24, 2007 from 9 until 12 noon. The site of the workshop will be located at the SafeCo Insurance Community Room at the Promenade on 23rd Avenue and Jackson Street.

            All individuals and persons interested in immigration rights and refugee support are encouraged to attend. The Ujima Consultants Workshop focus is on:

            1. Immigration Support Case Management

            ·         US Immigration Requirements

            ·         Citizenship Classes

            ·         Documenting Necessities

            ·         Resources Listing

            1. Refugee Advocacy

            ·         Criteria Review

            ·         Substantiation

            1. Maintaining a Organization Records
              1. Data Collection Tool
              2. Applicant Verification Information
              3. Required Reporting  to Government entities
            2. Funding Support Issues

            ·         Government, Faith-base and Foundation Sources of funding

            ·         Working with your Board of Directors to seek funding and grants

            ·         Reporting to Sources on funding and grants

            There will be a thorough treatment of both immigration support services and refugee advocacy support. Various support materials will be provided during the training session. Information on USCIS Services and other referral will be available. Attendees will also have the opportunity to talk with and discuss issues of concern to them with the special guess who will be present.

            Please contact Ujima Consultants or James Communications for additional information.

            Contacts:

            ·          Charlie James, NW African Times             Telephone: 206-860-5916           Email: JamComm2012@ yahoo.com

            ·          Isom Taylor, Ujima Consultants                    Telephone: 206-568-5452           Email: isom@...

            ><< image001.jpg >> ><< image002.jpg >>

            Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
          • Isom Taylor
            Message 5 of 5 , May 8 3:42 PM

              Dave,

              Margaret O’Donnell, who is an immigration attorney and formerly executive director of NW Immigration Right Association, can review your papers with a keen eye. Her telephone number is 206-792-1300, If you would like to attend the workshop, please let me know. Margaret is planning on being there.

              Isom

              From: "Isom Taylor" <isom@...>
              To: < NonProfitNetworking @yahoogroups. com >
              Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 15:55:03 -0700

              Folks,

              Please be aware of our

               Immigration Advocacy Training Workshop

              NW African Times and Ujima Consultants are Co-Sponsoring a special event on Immigration Advocacy Training. They will be providing an Immigration Support Training and Refugee Advocacy workshop that’s open to the community. The Immigration and Refugee workshop will be held on Thursday, May 24, 2007 from 9 until 12 noon. The site of the workshop will be located at the SafeCo Insurance Community Room at the Promenade on 23rd Avenue and Jackson Street .

              All individuals and persons interested in immigration rights and refugee support are encouraged to attend. The Ujima Consultants Workshop focus is on:

              1.      Immigration Support Case Management

              ·         US Immigration Requirements

              ·         Citizenship Classes

              ·         Documenting Necessities

              ·         Resources Listing

              2.      Refugee Advocacy

              ·         Criteria Review

              ·         Substantiation

              3.      Maintaining a Organization Records

              a.      Data Collection Tool

              b.      Applicant Verification Information

              c.       Required Reporting  to Government entities

              4.      Funding Support Issues