[SeattleNonProfitNetworking] Next 'Fest on Wed., Nov. 20th with Speaker Frank Chopp!

  • Putnam Barber
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1 9:11 AM
      As she was getting ready to leave town on vacation, Carol Walter tried to let us know about a change in date for the November Schmoozefest, but she only got halfway there.

      The right date is Wednesday, November 20.  I've corrected the announcement below so it can be forwarded, etc., without this preface referring to the mistake.

      Please note:  THE CORRECT DATE IS WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 20 (not Thursday).

      Apologies for the potential confusion.

      Put Barber

      The next Nonprofit Schmoozefest is Wednesday, November 20, from 5:30 to 7:30 at the Good Shepherd Center.  Frank Chopp (bio at http://www.leg.wa.gov/house/members/d43_2b.htm) will be our special guest. He is the Speaker of the Washington State House of Representatives where he represents Seattle's 43rd District and also the President of the Fremont Public Association
      (http://www.fremontpublic.org/).

      Also, the featured nonprofit of the month will be The Senior Center and Ruth Herold, the Executive Director, will be speaking.  It is going to be a very exciting event!

      Light refreshments are available and participants are encouraged to bring more to share (including beer and wine if desired).

      The Good Shepherd Center in Wallingford is located at 4649 Sunnyside Ave N, Seattle. Parking is available on the site.

      $5 donation requested. Drop ins are welcome.

      The Nonprofit Schmoozefest is a Seattle-based networking group whose mission is to create substantial professional connections between folks who need help/information about nonprofits and to provide an enjoyable setting where learning, growth, and professional development can happen for nonprofit employees, consultants, volunteers and folks who care about the nonprofit community.

      The Nonprofit Schmoozefest. Seattle's nonprofit networking event.

      Come to our monthly get-together. It's the place to be for people who want to give back!

      The Nonprofit Schmoozefest is a program of The Evergreen State Society.  Please visit www.tess.org for more information.  We greatly appreciate all the hard work and effort that our volunteers put into making this all-volunteer event a success.
      Brian Murphy
      Brooke Bailey
      Mark Nakagawa
      Heidi Ardolla
      Michelle Sheiman
      Joe Smith
      Kimberly Brubaker
      and of course Putnam Barber

      Best regards and hope to see you in a few weeks!
      Carol Walter
      Director, Nonprofit Schmoozefest