Computers for Non Profits - Expanded Program

  • Charles Brennick
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2006
      Need to upgrade your computer? Need additional low cost computers? The
      InterConnection Computer Reuse and Learning Center in Seattle is now making
      high quality, refurbished computers available to all non profit
      organizations.

      All computers are tested and upgraded by skilled technicians who have passed
      our hardware skills program. All computers include a 30 day warranty,
      Windows 2000 Pro operating system, monitor, mouse and keyboard.

      Here are our standard packages:

      **********************************
      PENTIUM II 350 - 450 Mhz $60
      Old, but still Internet ready!
      17" monitor
      Minimum 2 GB hard drive
      128 MB Ram
      Windows 2000 Pro

      **********************************
      PENTIUM III 500 - 667 Mhz $75
      Mid-Range
      17" monitor
      Minimum 4 GB hard drive
      Minimum 128 MB ram
      Windows 2000 Pro

      **********************************
      PENTIUM III 700 - 933 Mhz $95
      High-End
      17" monitor
      Minimum 10 GB hard drive
      Minimum 256 MB Ram
      Windows 2000 Pro

      **********************************
      SEE http://www.computers.interconnection.org/nonprofits-local.htm

      UPGRADES and Discounts
      New 56k modem with drivers, $15 installed
      128 MB RAM, $15 per stick
      CD-RW or DVD-Reader, $20 installed
      Hard drive upgrades, 75 cents per GB
      Tested InkJet Printers $5.
      Tested LaserJet Printers $20
      $10 off if no monitor required
      $10 off if no operating system required
      Discounts for volume purchases

      For more information or to place and order, please e-mail
      computers@... or call 206-310-4547

      InterConnection Retail Store - 10% Discount for Non Profits
      Our retail store is open to the public. We offer high end computers,
      monitors and peripherals including printers, optical mice, memory, hard
      drives and more. Non Profits receive a 10% discount on retail items.

      Retail hours are 1pm to 6pm Tuesday - Friday, and Saturday 10am to 3pm.
      For information please call Richard at 206 633-1517 or 510-207-6271.
      You can also e-mail sales@...

      InterConnection Computer Reuse and Learning Center:
      124 N 35th St, Seattle WA 98103
      Google Maps -
      http://maps.google.com/maps?q=124+N+35th+St,+Seattle,+WA+98103&spn=0.027573,
      0.060176&hl=en
      Hours: 1 - 6pm Monday to Friday, Saturday 10am - 3pm
      On the web: http://www.interconnection.org
      Email: info@...
      Administration: 206 310-4547
      Computer Center / Retail: 206 633-1517
    • Randi A
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2006
        We're seeking an organization that does some sort of training for parents on
        child safety/concerns. As our children age, they are becoming more savvy on
        the computer. Many of our mothers are interested in finding training to know
        what to watch for, and what is available to protect our children on the
        internet. Does anyone know of an organization that does this sort of
        programming???
        Thank-you!
        Randi
        http://www.single2mother.org

      • Michael C. Gilbert
        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2006
          At 11:16 AM -0700 5/1/06, Randi A wrote:

          >We're seeking an organization that does some sort of training for
          >parents on child safety/concerns. As our children age, they are
          >becoming more savvy on the computer. Many of our mothers are
          >interested in finding training to know what to watch for, and what
          >is available to protect our children on the internet. Does anyone
          >know of an organization that does this sort of
          >programming???

          I know of some organizations that focus on rigorous research into
          whether and how children are affected by having access to Internet
          communication and resources. I know parents who have found factual
          information on the things that are and are not harmful to children to
          be very useful. Is that the sort of thing you're looking for?

          Relating to that, I hope I don't sound ignorant here, but I'm a
          little unclear: What are the risks you're referring to... risks that
          can be usefully framed as Internet risks per se?

          -- Michael

          P.S. Dropped by your web site. Really great to see more and more such
          peer based programs growing in our communities. Like many of us, I
          was raised by a single mother long before such resources were
          available.

          --

          Michael C. Gilbert mcg@...
          The Gilbert Center: Nonprofit Information, Communication, Innovation

          Nonprofit Online News: http://www.nonprofitnews.org

          The Gilbert Center: http://www.gilbert.org

          Check out our consulting programs and workshops:

          http://www.gilbert.org/programs

          "There can be no joy of life without joy of work." -- Aquinas

          .
        • Delia Burke
          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2006
            Hi Randi,

            Here are a couple of organizations that provide great workshops for
            parents and kids on Internet safety.

            Netsmartz
            www.netsmartz.org
            Contact: Detective Malinda Wilson
            206-684-8660
            malinda.wilson@...

            The Internet and Your Child
            www.theinternetandyourchild.org
            Contact: Sgt Leanne Shirey
            206-940-5266
            LeShirey@...

            Delia

            Delia Burke
            Technology Matching Fund Manager
            Community Technology Program
            City of Seattle Department of Information Technology
            PO Box 94709
            Seattle, WA 98124-4709
            (206) 233-2751

            >>> A_randi@... 5/1/2006 11:16:57 AM >>>
> [...]

            >computers@... or call 206-310-4547
            >
            >InterConnection Retail Store - 10% Discount for Non Profits
            >Our retail store is open to the public. We offer high end computers,
            >monitors and peripherals including printers, optical mice, memory,
            hard
            >drives and more. Non Profits receive a 10% discount on retail items.
            >
            >Retail hours are 1pm to 6pm Tuesday - Friday, and Saturday 10am to
            3pm.
            >For information please call Richard at 206 633-1517 or 510-207-6271.
            >You can also e-mail sales@...
            >
            >InterConnection Computer Reuse and Learning Center:
            >124 N 35th St, Seattle WA 98103
            >Google Maps -
            >http://maps.google.com/maps?q=124+N+35th+St,+Seattle,+WA+98103&spn=0.027573,
            >0.060176&hl=en
            >Hours: 1 - 6pm Monday to Friday, Saturday 10am - 3pm

            Non-profit Nonprofit organizations Volunteerism Starting a nonprofit
            organization Nonprofit organization management Evergreen state
            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            Visit your group "NonProfitNetworking" on the web.
          • redone
            Message 5 of 7 , May 1, 2006
              Do you know of any orginizations that make donations of computer equipment to
              African countries?

              Have Camera, Will Travel

              On Mon, 1 May 2006, Charles Brennick wrote:

              > Need to upgrade your computer? Need additional low cost computers? The
              > InterConnection Computer Reuse and Learning Center in Seattle is now making
              > high quality, refurbished computers available to all non profit
              > organizations.
              >
              > All computers are tested and upgraded by skilled technicians who have passed
              > our hardware skills program. All computers include a 30 day warranty,
              > Windows 2000 Pro operating system, monitor, mouse and keyboard.
              >
              > Here are our standard packages:
              >
              > **********************************
              > PENTIUM II 350 - 450 Mhz $60
              > Old, but still Internet ready!
              > 17" monitor
              > Minimum 2 GB hard drive
              > 128 MB Ram
              > Windows 2000 Pro
              >
              > **********************************
              > PENTIUM III 500 - 667 Mhz $75
              > Mid-Range
              > 17" monitor
              > Minimum 4 GB hard drive
              > Minimum 128 MB ram
              > Windows 2000 Pro
              >
              > **********************************
              > PENTIUM III 700 - 933 Mhz $95
              > High-End
              > 17" monitor
              > Minimum 10 GB hard drive
              > Minimum 256 MB Ram
              > Windows 2000 Pro
              >
              > **********************************
              > SEE http://www.computers.interconnection.org/nonprofits-local.htm
              >
              > UPGRADES and Discounts
              > New 56k modem with drivers, $15 installed
              > 128 MB RAM, $15 per stick
              > CD-RW or DVD-Reader, $20 installed
              > Hard drive upgrades, 75 cents per GB
              > Tested InkJet Printers $5.
              > Tested LaserJet Printers $20
              > $10 off if no monitor required
              > $10 off if no operating system required
              > Discounts for volume purchases
              >
              > For more information or to place and order, please e-mail
              > computers@... or call 206-310-4547
              >
              > InterConnection Retail Store - 10% Discount for Non Profits
              > Our retail store is open to the public. We offer high end computers,
              > monitors and peripherals including printers, optical mice, memory, hard
              > drives and more. Non Profits receive a 10% discount on retail items.
              >
              > Retail hours are 1pm to 6pm Tuesday - Friday, and Saturday 10am to 3pm.
              > For information please call Richard at 206 633-1517 or 510-207-6271.
              > You can also e-mail sales@...
              >
              > InterConnection Computer Reuse and Learning Center:
              > 124 N 35th St, Seattle WA 98103
              > Google Maps -
              > http://maps.google.com/maps?q=124+N+35th+St,+Seattle,+WA+98103&spn=0.027573,
              > 0.060176&hl=en
              > Hours: 1 - 6pm Monday to Friday, Saturday 10am - 3pm
              > On the web: http://www.interconnection.org
              > Email: info@...
              > Administration: 206 310-4547
              > Computer Center / Retail: 206 633-1517