Interested in Independent, non-profit Media?

  • Ryan shaw
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2005
      Hi, for anyone who is into Independent media/current events, here is a great
      independent media resource: http://www.coanews.org

      I just started volunteering with them - if anyone wants to help out too, let
      me know.

      They are a portal to Independent news, and yes they are a registered
      non-profit organization.

      Oh and check out their Free News Alert Servcie at: http://coanews.org/alerts

      hope you guys find this helpful

      Ryan

      Take advantage of powerful junk e-mail filters built on patented Microsoft�
      SmartScreen Technology.
      first two months FREE*.
    • muni@munileague.org
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
        If you live in the Seattle area, I also just recieved an announcement for a Benefit Concert this Sunday at the Nectar Lounge in Fremont for two independent environmental media organizations entitled "Shake Your Media Maker". The groups being benefited are Hazel Wolf Environmental Film Network (www.hazelfilm.org) who hosts to environmental film festivals each year in Seattle and Leavenworth, and The MGW Project (www.mgwproject.org) a new organization working to create awareness for environmental issues through the design and purchase of media. You can find information about their event on either website.

        Thanks.