Job Announcement: Girl Scouts of Western Washington Science Workshop Facilitator
Science Workshop Facilitator
$13.25/hr, 9-19 hours per week October - June
At Girl Scouts we know that given the opportunity, every girl can become a leader with the courage to act on her values, develop the ability to make clear decisions, and acquire the self-confidence to make a difference in the world around her. Girl Scouts helps girls grow courageous and strong through girl-driven programs, reflecting the ever-changing needs and interests of girls.
Girl Scouts of Western Washington (www.GirlScoutsWW.org) is currently seeking an enthusiastic, individual that knows how to facilitate fun, hands-on science workshops for girls in grades K-8. This individual will travel in Western Washington to set-up, facilitate and clean-up workshops. They will also assist with the occasional large-scale science events at area museum days, engineering events and science overnights. This is an ideal job for those interested in informal science education, youth work/teaching, science, or just helping girls grow strong! The schedule is flexible, primarily nights and weekends, between October and June 2013. Mileage is reimbursed.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to HeidiAL@... and indicate in the subject line the job title, your last name and where you saw this posting.
· Facilitate fun, hands-on science workshops for girls in grades K - 8.
· Travel in Western Washington to facilitate, set-up and clean-up workshops.
· Assist with large-scale science events such as museum days, engineering events and science overnights.
· Prepare workshop materials and provide some assistance with curriculum development.
· High school diploma/equivalent and at least 18 years of age.
· Three years college study or equivalent life/work experience working with youth; background in science or education desired.
· Demonstrated passion for science and working with girls.
· Specific science topic knowledge not required, but a willingness to learn is.
· Skill and experience in working with children.
· Possess strong written and oral communication skills (in English) and strong interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated experience working with a variety of racial and ethnic groups strongly preferred.
· Availability to work varied hours (primarily nights/weekends).
· Able to lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
· Valid Washington State driver’s license, vehicle in working condition, proof of insurance or the ability to fulfill timely travel requirements across widespread regional geography.
· Maintain membership in Girl Scouts of the United States of America
· Satisfactory results from criminal background search
About Girl Scouts of Western Washington
Girl Scouts is for every girl and we are committed to serving girls who face sometimes overwhelming obstacles through programs such as Girl Scouts Beyond Bars, serving the daughters of women in prison, Girl Scouts Fostering A Future, serving girls who are in foster care, Girl Scouting in the School Day meeting with girls in area elementary and middle schools and Skills For Life, serving girls in low income housing communities, many of whom are new to this country. We currently serve over 26,000 girls in partnership with nearly 13,000 volunteers throughout seventeen counties in western Washington. In addition to our headquarters, we operate field offices located in Bellevue, Bremerton, DuPont and Marysville, as well as six camp properties: Camp Lyle Mcleod and Camp St. Albans near Belfair, Camp Robbinswold on the Hood Canal, Camp Evergreen near Longview, Camp Klahanee near Hoquiam and Camp River Ranch, near Carnation.
Girl Scouts of Western Washington staff is committed to upholding the following values in our work:
Diversity • Balance • Fun • Dependability • Stewardship • Respect • Integrity • Transparency • Collaboration • Innovation • Dynamic
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources Assistant
Girl Scouts of Western Washington
601 Valley Street □ Seattle □ WA 98109
Direct: 206-826-2198 ● Main: 206-633-5600 ext. 271
Fax: 206-633-5099 ● Toll Free: 800-767-6845 ext. 271
● Courage ● Confidence ● Character ●
It’s a great time to join Girl Scouts! Your opportunities are endless: you can travel abroad, join a troop, volunteer in your community, compete in a robotics competition and so much more. Get more information and register today!