Re: [Nonprofit Networking Group] On-line back-up options

  • Frances Pennell
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2013
      We use crash plan.  They have reasonable rates and they are easy to use. I like the fact that they have different products for home and business. Http://www.crashplan.com

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 27, 2013, at 1:36 PM, "Claire Petersky" <claire@...> wrote:

      We are looking for the cheapest automatic back-up of our server to the cloud. This is the best we could come up with – if you have other ideas please let me know, as none of these are particularly cheap.

      1.   MozyPro

      http://mozy.com/pro/server/pricing/

      $26.98 per month for up to 50 GB of storage (they only have10GB or 50 GB plans)

      Their discount for non-profits is about 10%

      2.   Jungle Disk

      https://www.jungledisk.com/business/server/pricing/

      $5.00 per month PLUS $0.15 per GB-Month of storage used ($8.00/per month for EFS 30GB)
      First 10 GB Storage FREE per server

      3.   Acronis

      http://www.acronis.com/backup-recovery/wizard/

      $749/year for up to 1TB ($63/month)

      Request submitted to see if they have a discounted price for small non-profit organizations.

      4.   npVault (through TechSoup)

      http://www.techsoup.org/products/npvault-managed-backup-service---access-to-discounted-rates--G-47422--

      $24 per month PLUS $1.00 per GB per month of storage used

      First 30 GB included

      This offer gives nonprofits and public libraries access to the npVault managed backup service at special rates lower than Tech Impact's published rates. This TechSoup offer facilitates organizations' access to the discounted rates, but organizations pay Tech Impact directly for discounted service.

      The discounted pricing for this service is $24 per month and includes 30 GB of cloud storage for backing up a single server. No contract is necessary, though Tech Impact requires 30 days' notice to cancel service.

      This offer also includes a one-hour consultation with Tech Impact to determine backup needs.

      Other ideas for us?

      Warm Regards,

      Claire Petersky

      Executive Director

      claire@...

      425-369-9120

      Eastside Friends of Seniors

      www.eastsidefriendsofseniors.org

      1121 228th Ave SE, Sammamish WA 98075

    • dbotas
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1 10:44 AM
        JungleDisk.  I think it is cheaper than most and works well.  Have used it for years personally and professionally.  Had much trouble with Mozy back when...
        db

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1 2:23 PM
          Prices vary based upon number of devices, but we've been happy with: www.crashplanpro.com

          Kevin D.G. Haag, Office Manager
          Northwest Immigrant Rights Project (NWIRP): Western WA Office
          615 Second Avenue, Suite 400, Seattle, WA 98104
          Each week we receive over 1,500 calls for immigration legal counsel. Click here to read stories of hope and here to support our work.