information security policy?

  • Jennifer Cohen
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013

      Hi all,

      I’m wondering if any of your organizations have an information security policy, and if you’d be willing to share it.

      We need it to be in compliance for our merchant services account.

      They say the policy needs to clearly define the process for implementing and maintaining security, and sets the tone for an entire organization. All personnel should be made aware of the sensitivity of data and their responsibilities for protecting it.  All internal and external network users, including employees, vendors, contractors and business partners, must be made aware of, and held accountable to, the policy.

      I’ve searched online and spoken with our IT vendor so I have lots of information about the kinds of information to include, but I’ve not found a sample that has been adapted for a non-profit organization.

      Many thanks for your assistance.

      Jennifer

      Jennifer Cohen, Director of Operations

      Washington State Budget & Policy Center

      1402 Third Avenue, Suite 1215

      Seattle, WA 98101

      Sound Research. Bold Solutions.

      Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. By RSS

      Subscribe to our emails.

      Explore our Framework for Prosperity

      www.budgetandpolicy.org| ph: 206.262.0973 x221

    • Helen Lakeru
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013

        See if your organization’s confidentiality policy covers what you need.

        helen

[...]

      • Patrick Shaw (msn)
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2013

          You should reach out to the Merchant Risk Council –a local nonprofit that helps manage such things: https://www.merchantriskcouncil.org/Pages/home.aspx

          Patrick

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 8, 2013
            Thanks for the lead. Jennifer

            --- In NonprofitNetworking@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Shaw (msn)" <patrickcshaw@...> wrote:

            > You should reach out to the Merchant Risk Council -a local nonprofit that
            > helps manage such things:
            > https://www.merchantriskcouncil.org/Pages/home.aspx
            >

            > Patrick

          • jencohen37
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 8, 2013
              Thanks, Helen. Our confidentiality policy does speak to some of the issues, but I think they want more specifics detailed. I have located a sample policy that I can work from now. I appreciate your response. Best, Jennifer