Develop your leadership strengths and emotional intelligence with peer coaching.

  • Amy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2012

      Develop your leadership strengths and emotional intelligence with peer coaching

      Do you want to grow as a manager or leader, but feel like you could use support? The solution: join a peer coaching group. In a peer coaching group, you will meet with a group of 5 to 7 of your peers from around the community to actively solve your unique challenges in real time as you coach each other. You will be guided through the process as each member learns to ask powerful questions.This program is designed to help you develop your emotional intelligence and leadership competencies of greater self-awareness, self-management, relationship management and social awareness.

      "As a result of my peer coaching group, I've discovered my management style and how it impacts my work and work relations. My participation has resulted in an increase in my workplace effectiveness, productivity, and confidence. I looked forward to these meetings and was able to bring back tools and methods that I and my busy office have benefited from. I am a better leader and manager as a result." Matthew Ozuna, Whitman College, Interim Director of Intercultural Center Programs and Services

      Who/Where: Depending on the registrations, groups will be formed in N. King/Snohomish County for executive directors/CEOs with 3+ years experience or mid-level managers with mixed years of experience. Location: TBD.

      When: Groups meet monthly for six-months beginning in January 2013. Dates will be determined based on registrations.

      Submit your interest form at Capacity4Good  by November 23, 2012.

      Cost and commitment: The six-month process is $550, which includes materials. Participants need to:

      • Attend a preparatory meeting in mid-December to meet other participants and learn about the process.
      • Commit to the full six months so that the groups can establish trust among each other, which leads to greater capacity to coach each other.

      Facilitator: Peer groups will be facilitated by Amy Erickson of Capacity4Good Consulting, who was trained by the top peer coaching and action learning authority Carter McNamara of Authenticity Consulting. Amy bases her peer coaching program on helping members develop greater emotional intelligence (EQ). She is a certified EQ coach and consultant. Learn more about Amy at www.capacity4good.com